building a MERV got a question.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tank45

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hello all does anyone know what the weight of the stock titan motor that comes with the brushed mini E revo? I am tap dancing with the idea of doing a big block on it but want to keep the weight down to reduce the "top heaviness" Already have the driveline built pretty stout
Hello all does anyone know what the weight of the stock titan motor that comes with the brushed mini E revo? I am tap dancing with the idea of doing a big block on it but want to keep the weight down to reduce the "top heaviness" Already have the driveline built pretty stout
I don't have one available to weigh that is why I'm asking --thanks

I don't have one available to weigh that is why I'm asking --thanks
disregard its 263 grams

Last edited:
Go big block. You wont regret it.

Plan on it, looks like fun despite all the negative press they seem to get.
Only thing I have had negative is the occasional diff. On my slash I fixed the drive shaft issue by cutting the summit shafts to fit. I'm in the process of pulling my 1/16 out and refreshing the looks so to speak.

yea i shimmed mine so we will see how it holds up. what issues did you have with the drive shaft? I have upgraded mine to Traxxas CVDs and the center to GPM (POS I recommend Traxxas if I had to do it again)

I kept twisting, snapping, and rounding my driveline. Some was due to bigger tires, and I like to full throttle take off more here then there.

My diffs are shimmed also. I heat my ring and pinion and dip it to heat treat it. Seems to last longer. On the newer cars and parts, Traxxas put an extra screw to keep the diff in its place.

The summit drive shafts are a bit pricey, but they are also heavy duty. I have broke them before, and will again. They last longer vs the stock revo and slash shafts.

interesting about heating the diff gears!