Building a 1/8th Scale Buggy Track

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulFWI

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Anyone have experience doing this - building an (outdoor) track? Can you recommend equipment?

We have a garden tractor I can buy attachments for....

Following 😃
Can you recommend equipment?

5C596E2D-3FAF-4F8F-94F3-A7B59259D0B9.jpeg

😝

Mine was straight up grass/yard. 1st section I used a little tiller. 2nd section the following year I bought a larger tiller. Last summer I said eff that and asked my neighbor to rip up the rest with his little front loader. Easy peasy. Just get a bucket attachment and your golden. Rent it if you won't use it again.

Yea, mines a 10th/10.9467th scale. 😁

As mentioned above, check out my track build thread and let me know if you have any questions. Good luck and can't wait to see the progress and finished project (well, it's never really finished 😂). 😁✌️

bucket attachment .unlikely its a lawn tractor not a mini tractor. Ok id add a rototiller if you can . Good luck in your task head. built 5 outdoor tracks from 1/5 scale to mini. always used a bobcat with tracks and bucket with auger attachment.

When I used to race BMX I always volunteered for the track rebuilds. What I learned was if you layer the berms and jumps as you build them, and pack each layer before adding the next they don't pit out.