Buggies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTSnowKing

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok, I was Talking to may friends, and we were debating on which RC Buggy would be the best one to buy; for Fastest Speed, and Durability. What do you guys think?:first_place:

which scale? nitro or electric? price range?

the 1/10 scale ones and the 1/8th ones. i dont really have a price range, i just want to know what the best one would be!?!

well i have got a xtm xt2 (not track) i hardly get to full speed it is really fast (especially on tar):D

go for the hyper 7, its a tough buggy, jump my mates all over the place, it takes all kind of bashing, plus fairly quick too!!!!! jusy my opinion

I also Have a XTM XT2 and I am very impressed. This is my first nitro R/C
(I've been into EP planes and R/C for some time) I got it after reading some good reviews and also because I own an XTM Rage that I have beaten to a bloody Pulp and the thing still drives! Break in went smooth and it's a blast to drive. I couldn't pass up the price, 199.99 RTR. I think the sale is over though and It's back up to 249.99 but that's still a good price. It's got some push behind it and xtm offers a 2-speed kit to give it a bit more. Hobbypeople.net has some good customer reviews... O and the thing says Bash tested on the BOX:D I slammed iuto my dad's lawn mower and the thing just bounced back and kept going...

Thunder tiger offer two good buggies, the EB4 S2 and the EB4 S3 both are good rigs, the EB4 S2 can take a beating and keep going, the EB4 S3 is more of a track rig than the S" tho, and the S3 has the option of (from another unit using the same chassis) of a 2 speed.

I have four EB4 S2's. Three have taken a serious beating (i'm just in the middle of finishing the build of the fourth) and kept going. Apart from the occasional replacement part due to an accident, they have all taken more than what i would call "Normal" abusive handling. The stock engines are strong and they carry some good speed aswell.

There is also of course, the hyper 7, hyper 8 and hyper 9, the XTM buggy, and a few other buggies in 1/8 scale that are good.

As to 1/10, thunder tiger offer thewn tomahawk, which received good reveiws, but i am unsure as to what other 1/10 buggy's are out there.

any good stuff on the rc8

Track?

whats the best one for racing on a track?

1:8 are defiantly more fun

i own both 1:10 and 1:8 and since my 1:8 arrived i hardly use my 1:10 anymore
think I'm gonna turn it into a nitro drifter :)
still not sure yet and i can't find any information on nitro drifters to do the build or the funds atm as I'm in between jobs so funds are limited :(

On that scale the GV HUNTER is a great basher(can be tarmac raced)It is as tough as old boots handles well,comes with metal spur gear,holds a good tune well.
And the spares are well priced,so for 200 quid or less you can't go far wrong.
Had mine 4 12 mnths no major probs,set ya suspension up and it will do good high jumps all day long:D:D:D