Brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glynnc

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hey gang wots occurring,I'm looking at traxxas bigfoot,convert it to brushless,go faster,wud I just need to change motor and esc or other things thx

Just start with the motor and ESC and then replace things as they break with upgraded versions but yeah you'll probably have to replace some other things too. CVDs probably for sure.

Hey gang wots occurring,I'm looking at traxxas bigfoot,convert it to brushless,go faster,wud I just need to change motor and esc or other things thx
They say it brushless ready as far as trans with metal gears and bearings. I would get a bearing kit for the whole truck. Not sure about the axles though 🤔

All you need is a brushless motor and ESC system. I think some of the brushed Traxxas 2wd models have bushings in the hub carrier and steering blocks, so consider swapping them out for ball bearings if you have the bushings. I haven't had any issues with Traxxas bearings (still on original bearings on my 3-year-old Slash), so you don't have to replace all the bearings that come with the bearing kit.

Just start with the motor and ESC and then replace things as they break with upgraded versions but yeah you'll probably have to replace some other things too. CVDs probably for sure.
Cvd?

Or cud I get a stampede, just stick a bigfoot body on it

Yes I would get the 4x4 vxl stampede. The bigfoot is only 2wd. Then you can pick what ever body you want on it. The bigfoot is built off the two wheel drive stampede chassis and set up just some little differences.

Yeah, I also vote for buying the 4WD Pede and sticking the bigfoot body on it. In hind sight I wish thats what I would have done. I have the 2WD Pede.

Back