Brushless boat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxx 3.3 boss

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i am looking for a brushless boat that i can run in a lake. i have the mini rio and want to go faster. i dont know much about boats. I'm also looking for something bigger than the mini rio.

---------- Post added at 5:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:09 PM ----------

any suggestions?

what do you think about the impulse 31 deep v

I just checked and I think it's a great boat. Fiberglass hull, not plastic.
Spektrum 2.4 radio. All good stuff, 50+ MPH. Gotta' be fun.

ok thanks

we just picked up a traxxas spartan. they are sweeet!
Here it is on some 3s LiPo's
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOAmAfbSgvM"]Traxxas Spartan RC Boat on Fullymax 5000mAh 11.1v 40c 3s Lipos - YouTube[/ame]

that thing is Sick !!!!! seems to handle the speed pretty good! smooth turns!!!!

That thing is pretty damn cool! One question though, what happens if it flips or gets a mechanical error on the middle of lake? How do you retrieve it? I ask cause the lakes local to me are two of the choppiest great lakes with very strong currents (Lake Erie and Lake Huron)

That thing is pretty damn cool! One question though, what happens if it flips or gets a mechanical error on the middle of lake? How do you retrieve it? I ask cause the lakes local to me are two of the choppiest great lakes with very strong currents (Lake Erie and Lake Huron)

Swim or row out and get it!! They do have a retriever that looks like a duck on Horizons website. expensive but it will keep you dry!!!!
On a big lake that I would get a bigger boat. You'd be surprised what these "little" boats can handle wave wise.

Swim or row out and get it!! They do have a retriever that looks like a duck on Horizons website. expensive but it will keep you dry!!!!
On a big lake that I would get a bigger boat. You'd be surprised what these "little" boats can handle wave wise.

How can I say this, oh yeah......, DON'T SWIM AFTER A DEAD BOAT!!!! Look, lakes Erie and Huron are both cold even on a hot summer day. You also would have ot worry about rip currents as they seem to be more common lately in the Great Lakes. Too many people have drowned trying to swim after their boats, many of them were taken by hypothermia including one in Hialeah, Florida.
At the very least, a 2-man inflatable rowboat. Boats, oars and pump from Wal-mart for just under $50.00.