brushed for short course?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cantlive4ever

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
SpeedGems 17 Turn Double Onyx TEP1402

I have a stock blitz and am brand new to short course I want a brushless system but I kinda was thinking about picking up this motor for 28$ to try out instead of my 15 turn firebolt I just wanted more power and speed for my local track but I know my driving abilities arent up to par for a brushless setup yet what do you guys think about this motor and will my esc handle it

Then as far as brushless looking into the castle short course setup or speed passion short course master what do you guys think

A 17 turn will be slower than a 15 turn.

A brushed motor and esc can be just as fast and powerful as a Brushless it's all in the esc and motor.

so the number of turns is the performace of the motor... No difference with my 15 turn vs a speed gems 15 turn or 17 turn.? I thought that the rtr motors just didnt perform as well as the aftermarket ones

This is true. You can get much better proformance one motor to another with the same number of turns.

A great deal of your performance comes from your ESC. I recommend saving the money and putting it into a BL set up. I recommend tekin esc's or LRP esc's and LRP or EPIC motors. I would recommend sensored over sensorless. Now on a budget dynamite makes a decent SC stock and mod BL setup that won't break the bank.