broken header, wonderin about temporary alternate till parts arrive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverrat

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i figured out yesterday that the header on my revo was broken.
i think I've got the stuff i need to rig a side pipe till i can get another stock header. but I'm not sure.
how and what all has to be done to mount a side pipe till i get a new header.
i like the rear exhaust so i wanna keep it, so the side one would be temporary.
here is what i have to work with: a racers edge pipe and spring mounted header for a tmaxx and a revo resonator with the 2 pieces of broken stock revo header that i have left. my stock header broke right at the flange where it goes into the exhaust port on the engine.
i also have several couplings . also some stock tmaxx pipes and headers.
anything yall are willing to share will be appreiated. especially since i wanna get out and run my revo before i gotta go back to the boat lol

if u want a temporary fix go to walmart or canadian tire and buy some high temp red or blue silicon. It will hold the metal together and give it flex and it won't break again.

the tmaxx header could probably be menouvered into working

if u want a temporary fix go to walmart or canadian tire and buy some high temp red or blue silicon. It will hold the metal together and give it flex and it won't break again.

i broke my header, did the same fix with high temp silicon. worked great for 5 days till i got a new one. give it a try

get the new platinum spring mounted version if you like the rear exhaust.I am on my third header within a few months.I think it would also help to mount the header wire on the chassis instead of the shock tower.The tower flexes and the pipe does not,Snap.I have not tried this yet.It seems so obvious to me I must be overlooking something or some else would have figured it out before.

I tried finaggling a maxx header... it didn't work at all.

Go with a different brand of header than stock if at all possible. Dynamite and HPI both make one that is held by springs vs bolted to the engine. The springs allow for flex.

I broke 4 stock headers in a matter of a few months... then I got a 18TM that came with a nice header and never had the issue again. 2 of the headers busted when I landed from about 8 feet in the air on all 4 wheels. It bottomed out so hard that it just snapped.

I did have the exact same problem on my jato. The header just snaps right where it meets the engine. I replaced it with a spare rear exhaust header that uses springs and haven't had an issues since with it.

thanks for the info guys.
I'm gonna try the silicon trick yall mentioned. that sounds like a good idea.
then when i fix it right ill upgrade to the spring mount :)
i tryed to use the tmaxx header yesterday with no luck .
thanks for the help.
scott