Broken engine mount. Common?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyBoltz07

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
When I took apart my revo yesterday i found this nice surprise:
IMG_3393_2.jpg
Is this a common occurrence? I know integy makes a milled aluminum replacement, as well as a couple of other companies, but I'd be fine buying a replacement traxxas one if I knew this wasn't common. I don't really want to spend the $35 since I have a some other things i really need to replace.
Thanks

If the engine is moving around a lot, then yes this is common. Make sure the engine is all screwed down.

yea, if its loose its going to break.

check your screws.

and its not too common

I ran mine pretty hard for almost 2 years and never broke one.

Hit up ebay, things are almost always considerably cheaper there. Especially stock parts. I'd steer away from integy's... their stuff is soft and bends easily.

I'd steer away from integy's... their stuff is soft and bends easily.

Thanks olds, that was kinda what i was looking to hear. I've never been a real fan of the aluminum stuff.

Thanks for the help, i think i will go ahead and replace it with a stock traxxas part and hope it doesn't happen again.

Do you have the chassis bay plate? Couldn't tell for sure by your photo. It may help ward off broken engine mounts by not letting the chassis it's bolted to flex so easy...

This thing: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMHV3&P=7

It may be what helped mine stay together. I did crack my engine bay, the actual chassis prior to getting one of these. I had also gotten the 3.3 chassis to replace the 2.5 chassis at the same time. The plate came with it. (got to love ebay)

Do you have the chassis bay plate? Couldn't tell for sure by your photo. It may help ward off broken engine mounts by not letting the chassis it's bolted to flex so easy...

This thing: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMHV3&P=7

It may be what helped mine stay together. I did crack my engine bay, the actual chassis prior to getting one of these. I had also gotten the 3.3 chassis to replace the 2.5 chassis at the same time. The plate came with it. (got to love ebay)

No i didn't, i've seen that but never thought twice about getting it. I have an original revo so will it still work on the old chassis? If so i'll get it and put it on for good measure.

edit: Kinda of confused real quick, that didn't come on the chassis to begin with right? If it didn't then no i don't have one.

Last edited:
i believe it only come's on the 3.3 revo's from traxxas.

otherwise u have to buy it.
i have a couple, i stock up on them.
they wear out and stretch over time

i believe it only come's on the 3.3 revo's from traxxas.

otherwise u have to buy it.
i have a couple, i stock up on them.
they wear out and stretch over time

cool Z400, i looked over my parts listed and didn't see it so i figured as much. I'm gonna go ahead and get one and put it on, it can't hurt.
Thanks ya'll.

I've broken 3 of them. Screws were tight and I used loctite.

I have been trying to find a better aftermarket mount but the best I can find only replaces the center piece of the mount.

Sorry... haven't been here all week. Yeah, it will bolt on to either the 2.5 chassis or the 3.3 chassis. The rear of the chassis is the same between the two. The 3.3 chassis is only lengthened in the front between where the trans is and where the shocks mount to the chassis.

Back