Broke my motor mount today and......

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro4127

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was bashing around the yard today when my T Maxx 3.3 just revved up and didnt move. Upon inspection I discovered that my motor mount broke and I had lost one of the bolts. Upon taking the motor out the block had quite a bit of fuel coating it on the outside. After taking the motor out I looked it over but did not see any cracks in the block, any idea where this raw fuel might have come from? Thanks

I sure hope you didn't crack the block anyway! Did you somehow get the fuel line pulled off in the crash? That does suck....it has happened to all of us at one time I think. Clean the engine up real good and check your block again where the ears mount up to the case......and hope for the best!

did you check your exhaust rubber fitting sometimes those are lose on the manifold

Did you take the mount off the crank case entirely? I've busted 3 crank cases in my jato. All of them cracked right under the ear that the bolts go through holding the enigne on the mount. One of the 3 actually busted the ear off the engine. I didn't know it until I took the bolts out of the ear and took the engine off the mount, then one of the ears fell off on my work bench.

Here's one that's just a crack:
2009-0927-Cracked-2.5-3.jpg

Makes a heck of a mess pretty quickly and really jacks up the tune. The crank case I have on my jato now is the 3rd for that engine as it was a brand new engine less than a gallon ago.

Back