Break brass piston alternative?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCNITRO

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
Ok so my break came undone because iam a complete knob and didn't use thread lock on the retaining screws and lost one of the screws and the brass piston ... But look so I have a lot of spars as you do in the RC world 😅 and I was trying to think of something else I could use and this fits perfectly thinks it's called a grub cap or something ... Will this be ok to use guys

Attachments

• 20211014_233206.jpg
    20211014_233206.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20211014_233748.jpg
    20211014_233748.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20211014_233239.jpg
    20211014_233239.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20211014_234018.jpg
    20211014_234018.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 36
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking but the part in the pic below you posted is called a collar and its usually held on to the break linkage with a grub screw.
20211014_233239.jpg

Last edited:
I have to ask the same question. What are you asking? As the part you posted and above. Is a linkage stopper or pushrod linkage stopper. As stated above.. Its found usually on you throttle/brake for adjustment against the return spring. And or for push rod adjustment on steering linkage.. you want to use it as your brake piston? Looks like it fits the spot ok.. does it actually work well?🤔🤔

If the linkage collar fits the hole nicely, then it should work fine. I think I'd hit the hole where the screw goes with a sanding drum on a dremel to take any sharp edges off it so it doesn't hang up in the hole it fits in.

If the linkage collar fits the hole nicely, then it should work fine. I think I'd hit the hole where the screw goes with a sanding drum on a dremel to take any sharp edges off it so it doesn't hang up in the hole it fits in.

Do u mean use a dremal to widen the hole where the brass piston goes or the the screws go bro? On of the screw holes are striped ... That how I lost half of my break kit😭

Sorry I just realized I typed "Collet" and I meant "Collar". Collets are on crankshafts 🤣

Do u mean use a dremal to widen the hole where the brass piston goes or the the screws go bro? On of the screw holes are striped ... That how I lost half of my break kit😭
No, I mean on the collar itself where the set screw goes. That hole may be sharp edged and could hang up on the trans case causing your brakes to bind.
2021-1016-linkageCollar-screwHoleBox.jpg

Aaaaaaaa yes bro good man 😊
Is there anything I can do about the striped caseing so I don't need to replace the whole dam thing
Guy no joke this Actually works great so if u even louse one you know what to use 👌👌

You could try cleaning the hole out really well with DA, dry it, fill it with JB weld, then put the screw in and let it cure. Should still be able to remove the screw and it may give you more bite.