Brand new truck need tips

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onetime

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Truck is 4 tanks on the blown motor and 6 on new. It revs and ran great for break in now revs but won't move. I put new shoes on and clutch rebuild. Still the same if I loosen the spur the bell and it spin if I tighten they stick. Mesh is good, any help?

Does yours have reverse? When the spur spins, does the shaft the spur is on spin? Do the center axles spin? If not, the issue is inside the trans.

If the output shaft of the trans spins, it's a pin in the driveshaft. You need to figure out where things stop turning.
Hold it off the ground and see if the wheels turn when you rev the engine. That should tell you that the trans is good and the problem is past that point.

Tore apart the trans and the reverse gear was shot and all over the place. Put new one in and is running great. Slipper keeps needing tightening and lost a pad.

Most people dump the reverse entirely and get a forward only (FOC) kit. Less crap to go wrong/fail on you. You should buy new pads for the slipper and get a new slipper nut before it ends your day.

+1! I had my Revo 3.3 for less than a week before the reverse gear stripped out because the Opti-Drive failed. Doing the FOC also eliminates this weak link in the Opti-Drive and removes a bit of weight (the complete reverse gear assembly, servo and Opti-Drive module).

I've got reverse kits and opti-drives for sale if you need them......LOL, go with the F.O.C.

My upgrades:
  • New engine (My TRX 3.3 had air leak out of box)
  • Engine: JL .28 Max
  • THS Pipe
  • RR Steel gears

Back