Brake upgrade...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwal1774

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everyone the brakes on my Savage X pretty much suck. Is the dual disc setup any better and which one should I get the steel or the fiber ones? Also the arm that the brake rod goes through has a crack in it right where the hole for the rod is. I can't find the part on the hpi website would anyone happen to know the part number or where i could get a replacement?

Cool thanks the dual disc kit pictured shows the brake cam and piston do they come with the kit? If so this is just what i need! Thanks again!!

I don't know, you will have to message the guy. They just part out new rigs a lot on ebay and sell the parts in small useful batches like that.

Dual disk is great. I'm still running the stock steel one that came on my old Savage SS 4.6. I can say that with a bit of stout adjustment my Savvy will front flip if I clamp them. So when you do upgrade, take some time to adjust them right.

Back