Brake Problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bighomedog11

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey I just installed some new Brake pads and for some reason i can't get it to stop sharp like i want it too do. It will slide then stop, I have tried messing with the adjustments and still no luck.. I have the 2.5 tmaxx also.

on my revo i just tighten up the 2 screws that hold the pads in 1/8 turn and test. and make sure the spring attached to the servo is snug. tightening up the spring on the servo doesn't do much apart from make sure the brakes are constantly on

Yeah i was thinking about doing that, I also notice if i tighten the 2 screws that hold the brake pad all the way up. The wheels will not move so i have to loosen it a little. Could it be that i have the 2 screws too loose?

yes. too loose. u need it to have 0.5mm gap when the pads are fully separated. u can tighten it more if u want, but u dont want the pads constantly in contact or it will over heat when ur not using them and ull be buying a new disc or what ever else heats up enough around there to melt... when i say in contact i mean pressing against it. if its just touching it then it should be fine.... just do small adjustments till ur happy with the braking power.

Its too loose? That is wearied because if i tighten it up anymore the wheel is not able to spin, Maybe sense its new it needs to be worn out a little more to get better grip

Make sure servo is good, if its worn out or weak it won't apply enough brake pressure, and make sure the battery is full of charge.

also you have to have the same turns on the screws if not you have less contact and the brakes wont work ass well

I figure my problem, I had to tighten the screws up more were the brake pad was. The 2 screws need to be tighten more,but i notice when my truck is at a stand still it is kind of hard to push. I am guessing once the brakes wear down a little it will be fine.

No. Ur truck should not be hard to push, it should roll smooth, the pads don't wear down fast.

Alright, So if it is hard to push i need to loosen the 2 screws that hold the pad in place? Because i notice when i tighten those 2 screws it made the brakes work sharper and it made it harder for the truck to roll.

Its a very fine adjustment. Kind of like a nitro motor. 1/8" turns and try it out. Minor adjustments make a big difference. You should have no binding yet have them brab well enough to work properly.