brake bias & 2 speed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcnitronutt

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am new to the buggy scene, I recently purchased a Hot Bodies Lightening RR. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the brake bias. My problem is the brakes
are set so that the front wheels slid the buggy to a stop. Any help would be appreciated.
Secondly is there a company out there that manufactures a two speed tranny that will work for my Hot Bodies buggy?

why do you not like your front brakes making the buggy stop?? would you prefer they keep rolling???...OK enough smartass from me....does your brake linkage have 2 posts going to 2 different brake cams or is it one linkage pulls both cams?
as far as the 2-speed in a buggy, you might be able to fit an OFNA setup in there but I wouldn't bother unless you are only running on smooth surfaces or road only...the 2-speed isn't solid enough to be thrown around in a buggy and still hold it in gear....it's just another part to fail on a buggy.....wouldn't recommend it....

I belive it has one linkage going to 2 cams. Can you tell me how to adjust either way, because I'm not 100% sure. Thanx for 411 on the 2 spd. although a 2 spd. does sound like fun I think Ill nix the idea.

Lightning 2 has 2 linkage to 2 cams. Loosen it up and adjust to you liking.

HBL2_brake.jpg

Last edited:
If you have a linkage like the pic then you have 2 barel adj..just set each one to the tension you want when they are actuated...

I just noticed I didn't see any barrel adjusters in that pic.....do you have them? if you do it's a lot easier to adj. tension insmall increments......if not they are an easy add to that style linkage.....

coudl you just relocate the collettes to adjust the strength of the brakes

the thing on the end .. just loosen the alan screw in it and move it then tighen it back up.. whichever one hits first will pull stronger..

rcnitronutt said:
Thats exactly what it looks like thanx a ton! :cheers:

Well, that is excatly what you have. HB Lightning 2 RR :D

As mentioned by beason, loosen the "alan screw in it and move it then tighen it back up". Make sure disks and pads are not rubbing at neutral. You are good to go!

if you get a peice of linkage w/ the threading at one end and some barrel adj nuts you can make an adj setup real easy....just replace the bar w/ the one I mentioned leave the barrel adj on hte outside of the servo link and reconnect the collet around the brake cam linkage....you can now just turn the barrel adj nut to loosen or tighten the brakes....