Body Reamer - RC car/truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everybody...
Quick question. Do you have a favorite body reamer or are they all about the same.
Thanks......Charlie B

I use the body reamer to mark the holes. I just put a tiny through hole in, then paint. After the paint sets up I finish the holes. I like that the body reamer leaves a nice smooth hole. I hit it from both sides to debur the edges.

The one I have is just some el cheapo from Amazon or ebay, and it works great.

Here's mine. Blue capped is used specifically for lexan bodies and wings. Red handle non-capped is general use soft material reamer.

Both styles are available from a variety of sources under various brand names. I prefer the solid handle over a vented handle. To me, the balance is better with a solid handle. Capped is worth the extra money if you are only going to have one. The cap protects the reamer edge. Once that is damaged, the reamer is of little use. And, if you do tote it about in your pit bag, it won't stab you. Oh, and another word of advice based on experience-never loan out a reamer. . .

Hope this helps. Cheers. 'AC'

Attachments

• 20220119_185845_reamer resize.jpg
    20220119_185845_reamer resize.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 47
I have a cheapie from amazon also and ream from both sides like Wicked mentioned.

Thanks to all...
I'll get on Amazon and pick one.
Charlie B

I have 2. A good hudy for bodies. Then a duratrax that’s older. That one more a utility tool for cleaning screw heads out real quick, aligning spacers, holding wires. Useful tools to me. Use them for a lot more than just body post holes.
And I’ve found the better quality the better it works. I got a couple cheep ones from Amazon with some tool kits for free. Those ones really sucked. They work. Just require a lot more effort.

Back