Bodies by Heisenburg

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heisenburg

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
I had my new Stampede 4x4 VXL, and needed to make bodies for it. Picked up 3 truck bodies and got started on this one.
Let's start with the paint. I picked out something I thought would be ridiculous, but seemed to fit right in : neon orange. I tried doing polka dot drops, but it came out kind of tear drops, so I guess we'll call it leopard. All decals are glued from inside, rear windows tinted to 20%, front windows, 35%. Silver toolbox, with revolving beacon on the lid, 4 orange random strobes under the front windshield frame, and some other blinking reverse, signal markers activated by channel 3. I made a cap for the bed, body coloured, with a silly wing that also seemed to fit. Held by neodymium magnets, protected by heat shrink to avoid scratching bed rails. Dual exhaust fire lights are rolled tip type that come out of rear bumper. Except for the exhaust and fender vents, an otherwise chromeless truck.
The wheel base of the Stampede is a scosch too short for this body, but I made it work. Rides great, the biggest compliment on the street is how much the front lighting covers the road.

F250.jpg

I held the bottle and tried to splash it. Oh yeah, that's what I was going for, "splash". Didn't quite get what I wanted, the paint was flowing like syrup.

ahh! going to be painting a body for my fiance's truck here soon, she is wanting sort of a blood splatter/dripping effect. hows yours came out is pretty close to what she wanted.

Maybe thin or reduce it a little for that opposite "Mack the Knife" look. I used Parma's Faskolor black. Comes in a dropper bottle that looks like it would contain finger paint, but it is polycarbonate/lexan paint. I'm just not sure how 1 spot of any other color is going to hold up against a background.

I was hoping, as I recall, for a "water balloon explosion" type splash, but the paint liquid just held too well. Settled for spots instead.

Maybe use liquid mask, and drop it onto the body surface, then after painting main color, get just the right tinge of colour. Be sure to practice on a scrap piece of lexan and write down the results, example = 3 coats red, 1 coat white, 1 coat silver, that way you'll know exactly how to duplicate the color, choosing from several scrap pieces with recorded results. Maybe a darker red would be 2 coats red, mist 1 silver coat, cover with very light coats of black until colour is right, then white to back, That's how I do colours, especially any flakes or pearls. Amazing how much different 1 extra translucent coat, or the timing and colour of a backing can make

I like the colour. It looks like the paint bled through the decal stickers?

All decal stickers are applied from the inside. I like it this way for durability and the ability to wax the body. The colour came out of a 3oz can, Tamiya, I think

The paint and striping was inspired by an 'Evo I saw on Need for Speed Most Wanted. I returned the 1st can of paint I got, too drab, I wanted something brighter. All decals were stuck to the inside of the body shell, as always, with picture glue, and depict RC companies I have used parts from. The only non-RC decals were Mitsubishi logos and the RalliArt name, which is the name for their custom body works on 1:1 scale car. The exhaust has dual pipes on the right rear, firing blue "nitro" lights when accelerated. Besides the head, tail, markers, there are 2 super bright LEDs inside the head lite lenses that can be activated from channel 3. Flashing high beams in Tokyo Xtreme Racer was the way to signal a challenge to another racer on the highway. A racer named Red Devil had red strobes in his grille to challenge you, and I wanted that. Finish it with a silly wing, and we have my 1st import. Originally built to go on my Stampede 4X4 platform, I found it too troublesome to change the tyres and re-align the front end for a car type body. It will now be used on my Rustler 4x4.

2018 Evo.jpg

2018 Evo.jpg

My latest creation to date, the Willy's Pro Mod. It was love at first sight, I was at the hobby shop looking for bodies that are of 4 wheel drive cars when I spotted this honey and instantly saw what it could be in my hands. Didn't need any more rear wheel drivers, but couldn't put it down. Picked out the color right there, too. Deep purple metal flake, with basic lights (2 headlites, 2 signals, 4 tail lights, 8 fire lights) and basic grille. All decals are glued from the inside as always. Got the tail light lenses from a 2010 Camaro kit. Made the wing from .060 lexan, 3 pieces. It ties the record for exhaust fire lights at 8, same as Mad Max's V8. The drag header pipes are pen tubes, cut to varying lengths and bent with a cigarette lighter and screwdriver, angle cut to light up the streets. I wish maybe I had divided the rear section with something, but then, maybe that is the point with a pro mod body, 1 piece construction. Enjoy!

Willys.jpg

Without clicking that link, I would guess that is a McCallister Racing 50's Bomber. I did do a McCallister, because I needed an IROC Z, but I was talking about my Willys. I have plenty more old schools to post.

I played most of the game "Need for Speed Rivals" driving a 2010 Camaro undercover cop. It could sneak up on racers without alerting them, then, on come the lights and sirens, and it's on! I built 2 of them, because the 1st attempt was when I was new at this, and made a lot of mistakes, including letting my soldering iron fall onto it and "battle damaged" the rear bumper. Strobes and blinking lites are in the front and rear windows, and there are wig wag turn signals and tail lights, apart from the main lights. The reverse lites blink as well, for a totally random effect. The siren also comes on with the lites, so I can begin my pursuit. The wing on the 2016 built helps distract from the bumper damage. Evil doers beware.

02.jpg
04.jpg

My 2nd import build, I needed a 4 wheel drive for my Rustler 4X4. I only have this and the Lancer Evo for now to use on that rig. I modeled the paint and bodywork after a a car I finished "Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero" with. I added to it over sized "too big to read" letters and shooting stars. It also features red high beam "challenge" lights next to regular headlites, front markers, and tail lights. The rear hazards will also flash with channel 3. This is the first single exhaust I have ever put out for my own build, which strobes a blue flash on acceleration. As always, all graphics are glued to to inside of the body work.

06-28-19 Skyline GTR RC Body.jpg

I decided to do a new farm truck type deal with a 1954 Chevy Task Force, to go on my Stampede. Used copper paint for the bed, mater blue for the body, and has regular lights, head, turn, tail, with 90 degree angled exhausts. Only special light is an amber revolver inside the cab, triggered by channel 3. The only decal is the grille, glued from the inside.

18.jpg

I decided to do a new farm truck type deal with a 1954 Chevy Task Force, to go on my Stampede. Used copper paint for the bed, mater blue for the body, and has regular lights, head, turn, tail, with 90 degree angled exhausts. Only special light is an amber revolver inside the cab, triggered by channel 3. The only decal is the grille, glued from the inside.

View attachment 119309
@Rolex looks like your Ugly Duckling truck has been restored. :)

Back