Boats by Heisenburg. Red M41 Widebody Catamaran "Kitty"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heisenburg

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
This boat had me at hello. Thought it looked too cool to pass up. Powerful enough to trip over its own wave storm and flip over. But me, being me, can't leave anything alone. So I added lights, and upgraded the cooling system.
In the instructions, it states not to do circles or figure-8 too much, as the strain on the ESC from driving the motor and holding the rudder servo will over heat it. I removed the rubber cooling jacket, single pick up rudder, and swapped in a finned aluminum jacket, and a dual pick up rudder, allowing the cooling water to flow through the motor and ESC each independently.
For the lights, I didn't want to try to crack open the hull for hull mounted lights, wouldn't have worked well any how. So I added "pop up" swivel lights under the windshield, so it doesn't geek up the look during daylight hours, as they tuck neatly behind when not in use. The tail lights are 2 on each side, side markers added for side visibility, a police revolver light on the rear deck, and purple interior lights. The side and tail lights are constant, everything else is switchable from channels 3,4,5. (Your 4 channel remote TQI actually has 3 switch channels, FYI) The lights make night time boating easily possible, but you still need to be aware of where obstacles are beforehand.
The paint, I could not believe this, but I have no desire to change whatsoever. That's what won me over. I might have wanted to do a clear coat. As best I know, one can not yet order a red replacement hull for this. cat 2.JPGCat 1.JPGIMG_1622.JPG

Good lookin boat, what's under the hood? Debated getting one to play with since I'm so close to the beach.

Yep, it’s one of my new traxxas. It’s the unlimited desert racer. I need to make one, may get some video together this weekend. I have new suspension coming for the slash ultimate, and a new bumper for the udr.

Outstanding! Let me know if you are getting the boat, I may be one of the best to help get it off the ground for you. I got every upgrade for mine, except the adjustable aluminum trim tabs and the liquid battery coolers. (Do I even need those, I mean, isn't the hull liquid cooled?)

I had the Traxxas Villain IV some years back. Dual motors, no rudders since the prop shafts (outdrives) would swing to steer it. I added the cooling coils and heat sinks to each motor and stripped off all the cluttered Traxxas graphics just to give it a clean look. It was a blast but I traded it for another RC car since it was a pain to go to the lake. You can see the aluminum tubes by each prop in the rear view. That's where the water exited. I added a small scoop under the boat to bring the water into the system.
Here's the link to the old thread from '08 with pics of the boat as well as the cooling setup I added.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/what-boat-to-buy.58258/post-576337

I had a 29'' Wellcraft in the early 90's .I was running the Turbo flex Graupner 700 with 14.4 on mechanical
speed control ,an yea ,it was fast in its day!....:cool:

That's a little bigger than my Blast, (thread coming soon) but smaller than my 40.5 inch Kitty here. I might want to hop up the Blast someday, but I hear it really can't handle the power, at only 24 inches. Maybe it there is like a wing kit or something, that would be dope, man! Otherwise, have to watch the throttle. (And girls walking by, or rather, not watching) I do want to make it Lipo compatible, just so all of my batteries will work.

This boat had me at hello. Thought it looked too cool to pass up. Powerful enough to trip over its own wave storm and flip over. But me, being me, can't leave anything alone. So I added lights, and upgraded the cooling system.
In the instructions, it states not to do circles or figure-8 too much, as the strain on the ESC from driving the motor and holding the rudder servo will over heat it. I removed the rubber cooling jacket, single pick up rudder, and swapped in a finned aluminum jacket, and a dual pick up rudder, allowing the cooling water to flow through the motor and ESC each independently.
For the lights, I didn't want to try to crack open the hull for hull mounted lights, wouldn't have worked well any how. So I added "pop up" swivel lights under the windshield, so it doesn't geek up the look during daylight hours, as they tuck neatly behind when not in use. The tail lights are 2 on each side, side markers added for side visibility, a police revolver light on the rear deck, and purple interior lights. The side and tail lights are constant, everything else is switchable from channels 3,4,5. (Your 4 channel remote TQI actually has 3 switch channels, FYI) The lights make night time boating easily possible, but you still need to be aware of where obstacles are beforehand.
The paint, I could not believe this, but I have no desire to change whatsoever. That's what won me over. I might have wanted to do a clear coat. As best I know, one can not yet order a red replacement hull for this. View attachment 119039View attachment 119040View attachment 119041
What is the model of the front lights?