BLX 4x4 Slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slogrits

RC Newbie
Reaction score
has anyone put a blx system in there slash 4x4? Now that I upgraded my Kraton it is just sitting.

My friend did this and it tore the Slash up. Every time it moved, something broke, and his Slash is very upgraded (mod 1, tekno and mip parts, etc, all the upgrades really).

For those few minutes it did run, it was a rocket!

He recently went back to a 3s setup and it has been solid since.

It worked. Any suggestions on tires the plastic on the 12mm hubs is round on his proline super swampers.

Got 17mm adapters. Now just looking for tires.

Got 17mm hex extenders and cheapo wheels. Boy that was fun. Broke the center driveshaft so it was 2wd. After drifting, speed runs and Smokey doughnuts. Foam ripped and moved to one side of the rear tires. Tread was almost worn through. It melted where the bearing goes in the plastic motor mount. So... ordered Tekno big bone drive shaft and aluminum motor mount.

Any ideas on cheap wheels with 17mm hexes.? Not like the 15 dollar for four we trashed today. 50ish and below dollar ones. We want to get a better feel for what this thing will do before trashing roughly $100 prolines. Are foam tires still a thing? Would they hold up?