blew up a 2.5 so now I'm going with an os18tz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rowdy18

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
does anyone else on here run a 18tz in their tmaxx. if so, what kind of pipe do you guys use and have you shredded your stock drive shafts.my lhs said this motor is alot better at holding a tune than the traxxas motors.what do you think? responses would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Well, I know it dyno's a bit higher in RPM's and power than the 18TM and the 18TM was a really sweet engine. I'm still annoyed that OS ditched the 18TM...

It might tear up your center drive shafts, but your outers should hold up ok.

I'm not sure what pipe/header you can fit on it though that will bolt up to a t-maxx. Most aftermarket pipes for the maxx are made specifically for the 2.5 exhaust port, which is much smaller and shorter than the standard (of course).

You may have to spend a small fortune on the 18TM header for the maxx. Or hopefully someone else will pipe in. (no pun intended ;))

I would think the header from the .21 TM for the max would work.I used the stock platinum header on my .21TM in my Revo so I would think the stock header would fit but I don't know for sure.

Isn't the platinum header the one with a spring and for a revo? Does traxxas make a spring mount header like that for the maxx?

Back