Bleeding procedure for Hot Racing aluminum shocks for Revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corneileous

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Just as the title says. These shocks didn’t come with instructions on how to do it and everything I’ve tried, I end up getting more air in rather than out. Thanks.

Just as the title says. These shocks didn’t come with instructions on how to do it and everything I’ve tried, I end up getting more air in rather than out. Thanks.
My shocks ,I pump them up a few times an hold the shock piston & rod pushed to the top an take the top lid loose
or off ,then put it back on or tighten ,that is all I do!

These have a little bitty Allen head screw with a plastic washer as a seal below the head on it that’s on the threaded cap end.

https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=RVO128X06;c=205

So the screw is the bleeder?

With out the springs being installed ,try pumping them several times like bleeding a brake system on a car ,hold the
piston & shock rod at the top of the threaded cap ,an crack open the bleeder screw an close it ,you can do this a few times ,
when done ,pump them ,the shock rod should push down under its own built up pressure!

So the screw is the bleeder?

With out the springs being installed ,try pumping them several times like bleeding a brake system on a car ,hold the
piston & shock rod at the top of the threaded cap ,an crack open the bleeder screw an close it ,you can do this a few times ,
when done ,pump them ,the shock rod should push down under its own built up pressure!

I guess I could try that again and just not leave the screw open very long because when I tried that before, I would leave the screw open to where I could actually see bubbles coming out and then I when I close it and then pump the shock about twice, then do it again.

Long time overdue update but tonight I decided to pull my shocks and replace the chassis-end of the shock caps with the silver aluminum ones I bought beforehand to go on my stock shocks since those were made to match the plastic caps that have the little rubber bubble in them with I guess that’s an automatic bleeder hole or something but anyways, I took off the caps that had the bleeder screw and these work much better so problem solved. Thanks for everyone’s input.