Blade mCP X BL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChasCS

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Got on board with a new helicopter model today.
This new little is quite the little power house, and plenty of fun.

I can't wait to get more experience with it, so I can really appreciate the abilities it has,
when being flown by someone with more talents than I presently have.
It's only practice...

Chas

Last edited:
I got mine about a month ago..Over 100 flights and 4-5 minor incidents and shes still flying strong. Let me know how you like it.

Great things in small packages...

I got mine about a month ago..Over 100 flights and 4-5 minor incidents and shes still flying strong. Let me know how you like it.

It's a micro blast!! Hahaha, love at first flight.

Congrats, the BL MCP is a hot little bird.

It is hot, crazy hot.
Fantastic little brushless motors here.
My first couple landings were a bit hard, but thankfully the landing skids are easily replaced with the two inserted pieces.
Practice is making things go much smoother.
Sure glad I began with my quads, more recently too, RF 6.5.

Chas

Are you throttle holding the landings? I have found its easiest to give it a little collective and let it piro one and gently set down, or TH it right as it touches the ground and stick it with negative. It's been constantly raining here so garage hovers are all I've been able to do.

No, I just fly till the timer on my DX8 says it's nearly over.
Then try to keep it steady, and low & it gently lands itself, as the battery dies.

My first couple of landings I must have dropped the throttle too quickly and it hit the floor so hard the landing skids came loose. But with those two tiny plastic pins that hold it, so not much force is needed to dislodge that.
Thankfully these new skids have more pliability, and aren't so prone to breaking.

Chas

Last edited:
I got locked out yesterday. Slid right into the dirt.

No fun

I got locked out yesterday. Slid right into the dirt.

What Tx radio are you using? Were your Tx and receiver battery's charged up?
It would be nice to know why, so that could hopefully, be avoided in the near future.

Chas

Fully charged dx6i. I'm Hoping I just need to rebind. I also was having some vibes from the blades I had balanced the day before. (suddenly werent balanced the next day. Putting bullets back on.) It almost smacked the brick on the front of my house, Thought it was my error, then it did it to the floor.

I was just looking it over. Servos are chattering pretty good. I think it's time to clean te strips.

Pain in the rear quarter panel...

Fully charged dx6i. I'm Hoping I just need to rebind. I also was having some vibes from the blades I had balanced the day before. (suddenly werent balanced the next day. Putting bullets back on.) It almost smacked the brick on the front of my house, Thought it was my error, then it did it to the floor.

Suddenly unbalanced, as if by magic? You must have bumped it or someone was handling it without your permission. Not unless you have unhappy ghosts...
Yeah, put the bullets back on and see how the tracking is with those blades.
All though, if the blades aren't tracking correctly, what will switching blades do to correct this? May need more tuning, than that alone.

Because my models are relatively new and haven't had the heck bashed from their bones, they all run fine. I only have what you see in my sig, so there isn't really much room for error.
I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you.
Realizing too, how very fortunate I am to have the unique awesome relationship with the overly helpful folks at my LHS. No one working there, doesn't have several years of hands on experience. So it's usually a quick phone call or email to get simple answers, or a visit to figure out a more serious problem or malfunction.

I'm happy that I bought my 4 quads, as they flew much easier, in thee hands of this uninnitiated pilot. Giving me practice without much expense.
A few new rotor blades and a new canopy on the Heli-Max 1SQ, and a few blades on the Traxxas QR1, and I'm already flying a E-flite Blade ...

It's been very slow going, with no hurry to worry... but the end is very near!!
My TRex 700E is now within sight of being completed, only the tail section left. Ah, but it's going to run me about $800.00 more, for a smart charger and quality batteries.
What a freeking ball I'm enjoying. Ready to jump for joy. Almost...

I hope that you can get it straitened out very soon,..

Chas

No big deal. That was the 1st major crash in over 100 flights. Also, every set of blades tracks differently. Its the blades, not the helicopter(if the heli is set up right).I bought a couple sets of kbdd's. The one I tried is about an 1/8 off in hover. Bullets are almost dead on. I will clean servo's and see what happens. I hovered around a battery today with no issue. My bullets were vibrating, too, so the chatter must have just begun.

It's sure nice to have the extra battery for this Blade .

What a joy it is, to fly this tiny model too...
Can hardly wait, to jump up several class sizes, to my TRex 700E.

Chas

Stock battery

Hey Chas... I want to know which battery is more preferable and also can be used for a longer period. Can you specify any name??

Even though there may be battery choices, I picked up a standard battery, the same as what came with the model. An E-flite 2S 7.4V 200 mAh 1.5Wh.

It's sufficient enough for my needs.
Having the countdown timer set on my DX8, you pretty much need to use the same battery for each flight. Of course you must turn off and on the radio with each battery change to reset the timer.

The 4+ minutes of flight time is plenty.
No soldering leads, needed!

Chas

Last edited:
I started hovering inverted today with my nano. I'm loving it.

No problem, how's the flying coming for you?

Good Vibrations

Thanks Chas... Actually i didn't know about the countdown timer and about the timing of flight that's why the battery causes issues for me. But now thanks to you i think my issues can be solved. :)

You'd find out the hard way with a larger model...
For flying louder helicopters, I can set my Spektrum DX8 to include vibrate mode as well as the regular countdown timer.
Much like a cell phone or video game controller.
Yeah, the vibrations let you know.

I Was thinking of challenging the wind again today at a near local park!!
But it's Victoria Day, May longweekend here. Hmm!!

Chas

For me flying is always a learning process and i enjoy as i progress further. It's been a lot of fun and i am loving it...:)

That's awesome! I've been getting stand still front flips down pretty well with the nano. For some reason I can't do tight back flips..

My new tail boom came for the bL yesterday. Pulled the wires out of the tail motor tryin to get it out of the housing. Whoops!

Same path here

I'm also growing and very slowly advancing.
A definite large learning curve, with many rewards down the long winding road.

Ouch, on the motor wires becoming disengaged...
Hope you get that straightened out soon.

Chas

Back