Blade 350 QX2 - it has arrived!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My new toy has arrived today, a Blade 350 QX2! :D

350qx2.jpg

And get some pictures of it in its pristine condition and after the first flight!

Man I still can't get over how Damn sexy these Blade quadcopters boxes are!

Oh yeah and I want to see pics of the quad too.

Here you go guys, enjoy some Blade 350 QX2 un-boxing photos.

Blade 350QX2 Box:
blade-350-qx2-box.jpg

Box open:
blade-350-qx2-unboxing-1.jpg

Styrofoam and manual removed:
blade-350-qx2-unboxing-2.jpg

Blade 350 QX2 and Spektrum DX4 removed from box:
blade-350-qx2-unboxing-3.jpg

Charger, battery, adapters and camera mount removed from box:
blade-350-qx2-unboxing-4.jpg

Blade 350QX2 manual and copper shielding for GoPro camera (camera not included):
blade-350-qx2-unboxing-5.jpg

Charger is simple, just plug in the single balancing lead and plug charger into the wall... that's it.
blade-350-qx2-unboxing-6.jpg

Blade 350 QX2 charger LED light instructions:
blade-350-qx2-unboxing-7.jpg

I did manage to fly one battery pack through the quadcopter this evening and this thing is impressive. I had my doubts about being able to fly this as I've never had any kind of aircraft experience before and this being my first I was a bit nervous. But flying this in safe mode take a lot of the guess work out of it. Looking forward to getting several more batteries through the 350 QX2!

blade-350qx2-flying.jpg

That thing looks awesome!!! I totally want one...and then I wanna put a little saucer section on one end of it so it looks kinda like the Enterprise :hehe:

You will enjoy it woodie, every flight gets easier, it wont be long you will be flipping the switch and testing out the more aggressive modes, you wont believe the difference in power when you go up to the next mode!!

I like the white battery door alot better than the red.

Got to run one battery pack through it last night and so far I'm liking it. It does take a bit of getting used to. For instance I'm running in Smart Mode, when enabled turns on Stick Relativity and thus the aircraft always follows the direction of the control stick regardless what direction the quadcopter is facing. This was actually throwing me off more than anything as I'm expecting forward to always be up on the controller and that's not always the case in Smart Mode.

It's been pretty windy all day today but I'm hoping it calms down later today so I can get more flight time under my belt and maybe a few more pictures of it in flight that doesn't look like they were taken with a potato.

cool!!! I would love to buy one with smart mode. I'm always losing my helis because I go too high, then I can't tell which way they're facing. what did the quad cost u?

In the Safe mode, Woodie, it will hover just about where you leave it regardless of the wind. Wind only causes the motors to work more to keep it in that stable hover which makes for shorter flight times.

Looks like the factory charger has already failed me, two days after owning the quadcopter.

Charged successfully before the first flight. Flew the quad around to take the pictures as seen earlier. Before placing the battery in my battery box I checked the battery life capacity and it was around 27% according to my EOS Sentry. Wednesday I went to charge the battery and after letting it sit on the charger for about 30-40 minutes I noticed only the green led was flashing. This indicates the charger is is "ready to charge". It should be a red blinking LED to indicate it was charging.

I have a strong feeling the included charger has already crapped out on me. I've picked up some deans wire, banana connectors, and some EC2 battery connectors so I can charge the battery using my Hyperion charger and verify my belief.

This isn't horrible as I already planned on buying this stuff anyways so I can use my good charger to charge the battery. Would have thought the included charger would be good for more than one charge though. ;)

Contact Horizon Hobby. They're very good at taking care of customers. More than likely they will send a new charger to you.

Contact Horizon Hobby. They're very good at taking care of customers. More than likely they will send a new charger to you.
I have, opened a ticket on Tuesday evening. Still awaiting a reply.

New charging cable made and the battery charges just fine with my Hyperion. :D

Decided to try out some night flying. The Blade 350 QX2 looks awesome in the night sky.

What doesn't look so great is flying it in an overcast night sky, losing GPS signal and having the quad take off like a mad man. Ending up modifying the quad this evening...

350qx2-crash-01.jpg

350qx2-crash-02.jpg

350qx2-crash-03.jpg

350qx2-crash-04.jpg

Off to the hobby shop tomorrow to get some CA and Epoxy and try to salvage the body. Otherwise I'll order a new one tomorrow. :D