Blacked Out Maxx Rims part 2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushwaker

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
YAY!!!! I got my Rims in today so I started to work on them time I got in the house! HA HA LOL Hi honey bye Honey got to get to work lol!

1013299.jpg

Look at the lip on these things
1013304.jpg

Taller than the stock setup
1013300.jpg

Not that much wider than stock but the 1" offset gives the truck a wider stance.
1013301.jpg

Just to show the size
1013302.jpg

BUSH-WACKED LOL
1013303.jpg

After a lil bit of sanding the chrome paint really comes off easy
1013305.jpg

First coat of flat black not dry
1013306.jpg

After about 2 coats dry
1013307.jpg

Alright break time is over I have to go glue these monsters on now. I will post pics later on tonight. I also made my PVC stand today Woo Hooo.

Last edited:
DONE!!

Mounted
1013308.jpg

As the beast waites on her new stand
1013309.jpg

On the Maxx after a lil tire shine
1013310.jpg

Front view
1013311r.jpg

Back
1013312.jpg

Side
1013313.jpg

They are bit bigger than I thought they would be but for now I like em.

what is that thing geared at? any thing breaking yet??

I havent ran it yet ! But I will today they are not as big as the 40 series so turning wont be so bad but we shall see!

I see you got the 7" tire with yours. I stayed with the 5 3/4" tire when I got mine but the 7s look good on yours. Did you balance them? If so how well were yours balanced? I had one that was perfect and the other 3 were all off about the same amount.
Regards,
Rob.

Damn! They look awesome! I can't wait till I gt a set of them. I'll have to upgrade my steering servo first though if I wanna turn those big wheels lol

Well I have some updates on the Rcraven big wheel and tire combo. The truck ran great after a lil tune even with the 2.5 she still lifted the front end up a bit to notice it during a bashing session. BUT after I did a few passes at our local dirt track. I was 50/50 on them . The track is nice but a lil tight in some areas nice jumps and a few straight aways. The truck didnt turn as tight as I wanted it to I expected that. The grip was not bad at all when she did hook up also the wide stance helped with how she handled the corners. But this is not a track wheel and tire set up I know I know!! So since I like the rims so much with the 1 in offset I took them off the big tires and boiled my factory Maxx rims and put the Maxx wheels on the Raven rims. I think she will handle a bit better esp in the turns and the widdness will stable it out a bit. I took a few pics!! besides what is a story with out pics??

1013315.jpg

1013314.jpg

Those rims look awesome. I just picked up a can of black spray paint when I went to home depot with my stepdad last night in a snow storm. We needed a bunch of lumber so I said why not get paint lol. I got the tires off my rims about an hour ago but I'm gonna rub em down with paint thinner and paint em tomorrow. I'm too tired to do it now cuz I dug a 2 foot by 2 foot hole in my basement that is 5 feet deep, I helped my stepdad build a 20 foot work table in our basement, and I shoveled my moms minivan out of 3 feet of snow plus what the snow plow pushed on it. I'm not gonna attempt to dig out my car lol. It's a cavalier so it's almost completly buried. I'm gonna be screwed come Tuesday cuz we are supposed to get more snow. I won't see my poor car for awhile. Look at me getting off topic....

Thanks Bro I like they way the rims look on the factory Maxx tires. I will use those big tires for field bashing or something when I get around to putting them on the factory maxx rims. Unless I sell them they look like they would be good rock crawling tires but who knows I dont rock crawl so I dont even know. But good luck at painting them when you see how easy the chrome comes off of them I dont think you will need to even use the thinner. What tires are you going to put on them ?

well i am just painting my stock rims. i didnt buy a new set of wheels yet. i will buy a new set in a few weeks after i get a new engine and drive train

How much you pay for the 4 tires?

Back