Bigrock v3 value

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So i am going to be selling my arrma bigrock v3. Having been out of rcs for a long time and just getting back into them. I am not sure how to price it. Has the cnc rear diff, hot racing shock bodies, aluminum hubs, brand new set of duratrax 6pack tires and a brand new spare shell. I was thinking 350, still loosing quite abit money at that price

Welcome to the club. Anything RC I've ever re-sold has lost me quite a bit of money. I just shrug it off and figure anything I can get out of it is better than having it sit around taking up space.

Look online, say Ebay, and see what they are going for and pick a figure somewhere middle of the price range. That's the way I do it, anyway. Buyers having to pay state sales tax hurts them. And sky-high postage rates and listing fees is killing re-sale by taking all the profit out for the seller. Double whammy makes the re-sale market a challenge for the average guy.

As a general rule, I start with a figure o/a 1/4 the original cost new of the item. In your case 1/4 value would be a give-away. Good luck. 'AC'

All I can say is, when I'm looking to buy a used kit, I dont give much weight to the hop ups the kit has in terms of what Id pay for it because the majority of the hop ups arent ones I would do myself so I'm not willing to pay more for them. That being said if it was something I would do myself then Ill give that consideration. For example if I was looking at a Kraton that had a good after market chassis, that is somethign Id end up doing anyway so I will take that in to consideration. As for the rig itself, how much I'm willing to pay for it just depends on its overall condition and how much I really want it but Id say on a kit that I really want I'm willing to pay about 65-70% of what it costs new. If I have to pay for shipping I deduct that from the amount that I'm willing to pay for it. These are just my personal generalizations but RCs in general dont hold their resale value very well. Kind of like real cars. Once you drive it off the lot you aint getting anywhere near what you paid for it a couple months later. This is one reason I dont sell to many of my rigs. Id rather just keep em and let em sit on a shelf. :)

Better off cannibalizing the motor and esc for another project and parting the rest out.

Quoting Caleb, "Better off cannibalizing the motor and esc for another project and parting the rest out."

Sliders and rollers sell well. Although you are still losing, you are not losing as much and it will move much quicker. And, ++, shipping weight and box-out volume is less-esp. if it is sold w/o body.

'AC'

Last edited:
So i am going to be selling my arrma bigrock v3. Having been out of rcs for a long time and just getting back into them. I am not sure how to price it. Has the cnc rear diff, hot racing shock bodies, aluminum hubs, brand new set of duratrax 6pack tires and a brand new spare shell. I was thinking 350, still loosing quite abit money at that price
Is the spare body clear or the stock black? I’d be interested if clear/unpainted

You're not losing money, you're recovering it. You'd have zero dollars if you didn't sell it at all. Every cent you get for it is "profit" over the value you already got enjoying it.

A brand new V3 is $340, from the manufacturer, with warranty. Take into account the fact that any potential buyer has that option on the table.

My personal guideline for resale is: brand new, untouched, unopened - 80% of MSRP. I'm not losing 20%, I'm getting back 80% on a purchase I didn't need, that's a great deal.

Used at all- 50% off. I wouldn't pay more than that myself, unless it's something rare / out of production.

Last edited:
You're not losing money, you're recovering it. You'd have zero dollars if you didn't sell it at all. Every cent you get for it is "profit" over the value you already got enjoying it.
The guy makes a good point ☝️

A brand new V3 is $340, from the manufacturer, with warranty. Take into account the fact that any potential buyer has that option on the table.

My personal guideline for resale is: brand new, untouched, unopened - 80% of MSRP. I'm not losing 20%, I'm getting back 80% on a purchase I didn't need, that's a great deal.

Used at all- 50% off. I wouldn't pay more than that myself, unless it's something rare / out of production.
I forgot to add that on a rig that I'm just like "Its cool but I dont have to have it" I wont pay more than about 50% either

Back