Big Daddy Fuel Filter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholas Lowing

RC Newbie
Reaction score
After advice from guys on here I have purchased a big daddy filter. my question is, is there a specific way it goes on or is it just a case of fuel line on each end? I can't see a direction arrow to indicate which way!

many thanks

If you take it apart you'll be able to see that filter element is like a cup. I've always ran mine where the fuel goes into the filter, but I don't think it really matters.

If you take it apart you'll be able to see that filter element is like a cup. I've always ran mine where the fuel goes into the filter, but I don't think it really matters.
Like Schrode said, I've used em both ways and never seemed to have any trouble. I tend to run mine so that any potential debris would get trapped in the section that can be cleaned out.

That's correct, that it looks like a cup. I've always run them so the crud collects on the OUTSIDE of the cup where you can see it.
The other advantage to that is a blast from an air gun IN the cup, blows all the crud off easily. Running it that way also makes for a larger surface area for the fuel to keep passing through if it starts to clog. It's hard to see or clean any sludge that's inside it if you run it the other way.

Agreed with the above,..once you do install it make a mark or an arrow ,just in case you take it off for a minute one day you won't have to worry about flushing it backward on accident

Back