big bore shock too soft

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamabraaaper

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So I have brand new traxxas big bore shocks on my tmaxx 4907. Out of the box (with included oil) needless to say it was too soft, so I put the springs from my previous shocks (no one can identify them they are blue piggyback shocks) on the big bores which helped but not enough. So I dumped the oil and went with 70w. Still bottoms out too easy for me. I plan on jumping this thing to death and I hate the sound of the chassis slapping the ground.. is there any setup that will prevent or atleast make it harder to bottom?

See if there are different pistons that you can use that have fewer holes and or smaller holes. This will make the shocks harder.

Lee

Just some input here from a t-maxx junkie,I've owned one since the original pro.15 model way back when....the best suspension setup for one is soft spring and around 50wt,..no matter what you do if you intend to jump it 20 ft high it's gunna bottom out,if you setup the suspension too stiff your just gunna blow your shock seals!......the piggybacks are most likely the integy garbage

Ha ha alright thanks what is the deal with everyone hating any and all things integy?
Just some input here from a t-maxx junkie,I've owned one since the original pro.15 model way back when....the best suspension setup for one is soft spring and around 50wt,..no matter what you do if you intend to jump it 20 ft high it's gunna bottom out,if you setup the suspension too stiff your just gunna blow your shock seals!......the piggybacks are most likely the integy garbage

Ha ha alright thanks what is the deal with everyone hating any and all things integy?

They have no Q/C, it's luck of the draw whether or not your parts stands up to your running, some get lucky and have no issues, others get parts that bend like soft butter.

I have seen with my own eyes, an integy aluminum tower bend on a rather easy landing on the lid, the tower bent but the stock plastic bulks held up!
He put the stock tower back on it and ran the rest of the day!

the best suspension setup for one is soft spring and around 50wt,..no matter what you do if you intend to jump it 20 ft high it's gunna bottom out,if you setup the suspension too stiff.I have seen with my own eyes, an integy aluminum tower bend on a rather easy landing on the lid.

The springs that come with the BigBores are the same super soft 2.1lb rate that comes stock.
Hit up eBay for some RC Raven springs, or you can use the AE MGT springs.

"Hit up eBay for some RC Raven springs, or you can use the AE MGT springs." ok got it, thanks for your post ;)

Back