big block or small block

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroed

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
the 3.3, is it a small block or big block? I am considering on ordering one of those ercm pipes for my tmaxx.

It is a small block and if you buy an ERCM pipe and put on it your gonna think its a whole different engine. Go to their site and check the link to the videos on you tube if you havnt already.

Yes as the guys above said it is indeed a small block. Granted on the large side of the smallblocks but still is. I have to agree you will love the ERCM pipe. I have on on my Savage and it is silly. Creates crazy power that also is controlable. The engine I have it on was a "light switch" engine. Basicly it was all the power at once or none....cool for wheelies but that gets old. Put the pipe on....the power was way more linier and just plain worked better over all. I think it drank a little more gas but the trade-off was way worth it.

pretty convincing when you get all positive feed back, I will check out the you tube and get me one ordered for that price

does side bleed or end bleed make any difference ?

Is probably considered a "mid-block" which is a big block sized combustion chamber but a small block sized crankcase to have the same footprint of a small block.

3.3cc = .20ci

The picco .26 max is a "mid-block".

The 3.3 is also considered a mid block by displacement.
Myself, I consider it to be a small block, because it fits in the same place as a small block pro .15 and the 2.5, but it is a .20.

Back