Big block mount

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ckeithnitro

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
coming soon....
image.jpg

@Racer 1966 made a limited run of those too. He kept the long neck part solid, at least on the one he gave me for loaning him the new era mount. Looks pretty good!

It will help if you figure out a throttle wire solution as well, if your mount is intended to fit regular big blocks with a pull start. Also a header/pipe solution would help too. I jerry rigged my throttle wire, had a hard time getting it so the wire didn't absorb all the movement as it bent. Can't recall at the moment what I did for a header, but it wasn't "off the shelf". I think it was an LST header that I bent a bit and used the THS BB pipe. The THS BB header caused the elbow to go up to high with the new era "leaner" mount.

Looks nice,same basic design as mine but you've hollowed out the bottom more. Are you making the throttle pivot arm bracket to go with it?
Hopefully can sell enough to be worthwhile.

I actually had a wire solution to what I think would have worked nicely but I didn't have a rig to actually try it on so I never marketed it. I still have a lot of Ofna linkage kits from when I was messing with this stuff and some aluminum pivot arms too. I never got to trying to find a pipe solution.

Here's a link to the thread Olds posted on mine and a pic of mine next to his New Era piece.
12revobbmount1j

Looks nice,same basic design as mine but you've hollowed out the bottom more. Are you making the throttle pivot arm bracket to go with it?
Hopefully can sell enough to be worthwhile.

I actually had a wire solution to what I think would have worked nicely but I didn't have a rig to actually try it on so I never marketed it. I still have a lot of Ofna linkage kits from when I was messing with this stuff and some aluminum pivot arms too. I never got to trying to find a pipe solution.

Here's a link to the thread Olds posted on mine and a pic of mine next to his New Era piece.
12revobbmount1j
Forgot yours had cutouts in it too. Been a while since I looked under the engine I guess. lol

Got any photo's of your setup? I'd really like to see how your pipe works out with a body on/off. Nice work on the kit!

I like that custom wheelie bar!

eBay ad looks great,should sell a few since it is complete with linkage. Great work!

Last edited:
That wheelie bar was made out of parts drawer, turned out pretty good...
I sold a mount today...

There's a couple of New Era mounts for sale on eBay now but dang! They are really trying to stick it to you on the price!
Wow! You're not kidding! $235 BIN for one like a NE mount, $208 for one with a 3 point roll bar, one of my favorite revo roll bars. I'm sitting on a gold mine!

Back