Big Acceleration

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alx

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok well my favorite thing about my Revo is being able to accelerate on a dime, I don't have a whole lot of open space to go WOT at so I have fun at the speeds I can reach.

My question is what are the best mods to get the most out of a Revo's acceleration short of a new pipe or engine.

Heres my current setup.
- Resonator
- FOC
- Talon Tires
- MS Air Filter w/ Pre-Filter

Are there any other mods that would give me some bang for my buck as far as preformance? I really noticed the difference in the FOC, best 12.99 I've spent on the Revo in a while.

Also any suggestions for suspension you may have please chime in. I'm using the set of stiffer springs that came with the Revo and I have the red aluminum pushrods without the spacers in... should I have put the spacers on them? The pushrods are in the middle of the A-Arm mounting holes. I think this is a good spot for now.

Last edited:
you can always change your gear ratio. but putting a smaller spur gear(36t) youll get more low end punch, but your top speed will suffer, wich is ok for you, also when your ready to replace the stock talens, think of getting a smaller size tire. that will also help with your low end punch, again reducing your top speed.. just with those 2 combos you will also get more use out of the 2speed by letting the gears wind up a little bit more... rock on!!

Not to argue with you, but the 36t spur will give you more top end... I went with a 40 tooth spur for more grunt... on radar, mine lost 2mph, but gained a lot of low end.

Smaller bell gear + Larger spur = Retarded fast acceleration. That is the gearing for off the line punch

No problem!.....I have done that in the past just to see exactly how much time I could send on the lid......then it got a bit old after a while but I never ceased to giggle about it flipping backwards and playing dead.......good truck....stay

Lol... I like that one... I am running a 15/40 right now with forward only, Motor saver and the THS pipe... The wing is the only thing that keeps me from flipping. It is a torque monster, but tops out around 42 mph.

sorry bout the spur gear mistake, had a moment of dyslexia

I beleive I ran 15/40 with the 2.5R, along with the FOC. It wasn't stunningly fast off the line, but it did ok. I ran 15/36 with my 18TM... it was pretty fast and could pull wheelies just about anywhere. Then I got the longer 3.3 chassis and it mellowed out the wheelies a bit.

You can also upgrade your flywheel/clutch/CB assembly to 1/8 sale, but it requires chassis mod to do it. Gives you much longer clutch life and much larger contact area for the shoes. You have to dremel the chassis and move the trans about 1/4" forward. Well worth the mod for me though.

Also had to get a crankshaft extender bushing... thing to deal with the "longer" flywheel/cb assembly.

put a nicer clutch like a 3 shoe aluminum and it will pull harder off the line and there around 20 bucks

Yea I've been looking for a clutch, any recommendations?

For now I don't think I want to change the gearing, Looking for some performance mods and upgrades.

i put the integy 3 shoe on my tmaxx its the same for the revo cost me 16.99 on tower and it works great

I'm getting one for my revo next week

Really? I'm kind of surprised it's holding up for you. I bought an integy one years ago for a maxx and completely cooked it within 3 tanks... granted, that was a BB maxx, but the engine was only an OS21Rg. Reliable, but not a lot of power.

I ended up going with an 1/8 scale setup on my maxx at the time as well. More difficult though and more costly due to only one company making a 1M pitch spur for the maxx at the time for this purpose specifically.

yeah I've had prolly 1/2 gal on the integy clutch with very little wear and it hooks up like no tommorrow

also i noticed they make two which one did you have the one i bought is 7075 aluminum not just cast like the cheaper one they make

yeah i have a three shoe 7075 aluminum with buggy springs

Back