better springs for E Revo 1/16

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corneileous

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Hey guys, my girlfriend and I went halfsies on a new E Revo 1/16ths scale for her son and I’m curious about a coil spring upgrade because its stock suspension just seems way too soft to me. I mean, I know its a little bitty thing, much smaller from my Revo 3.3 but dang. I was surprised that even straight outta the box that it seemed like the rear spring’s pre-load nuts where already spun all the way up... I got on a chat line with Traxxas that was more/less a joke but anyways, the agent that helped me.... if ya wanna call it that, said that the black springs- which it has on there already, were the heaviest sprigs they had for this little car. Is there an aftermarket spring thats stiffer, that doesn’t need as much preload? I don’t think we’re gonna run a Lipo battery on this car since they are kinda dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing with them and I don’t really think they will make the car any better from how it is now with the NiMH battery it came with so I think we’re just gonna get him a couple more of the battery that it came with along with the parallel splitter that allows you to run two NiMH batteries at the same time but I’m worried about extra weight on a car that I feel already has really soft suspension. Is there a solution? Thanks

I used the heavy duty greens with 62wt oil in my Half 8 revo brushless...that worked for me I bashed that thing in a skateboard park for a few hours..I also put some shore 35 on it ...ran 2-2300mah lipo with Y harness...not sure what the spring rate is on the blks.. not sure what the greens are either but they did stiffen it up...

I used the heavy duty greens with 62wt oil in my Half 8 revo brushless...that worked for me I bashed that thing in a skateboard park for a few hours..I also put some shore 35 on it ...ran 2-2300mah lipo with Y harness...not sure what the spring rate is on the blks.. not sure what the greens are either but they did stiffen it up...
Yeah, I did a little bit of research and I think I’m going to do what I was advised to do which was to get the purple-banded springs that’s available on the 16th scale summit, for the back and move the black springs that are on the back of his car to the front.

But I’m not familiar with that car that you have, but in the E Revo 1/16, weight oil they use in there? As far as the batteries go, I can only use one Lipo battery at a time in this car if we went LiPo and since a Traxxas rep kind of made me feel like a Lipo battery in this car wasn’t really going to do anything that would be worth the extra hazard and the extra cost of running a Lipo battery so I think we’re just going to get two more or so of the batteries like it came with and run two of those together cause we can’t with the Lipos. I’m just worried about adding the extra weight of two batteries for this car with the rear suspension that’s already seems extremely soft.

I run two 3s lipos in my e ravo 1:16
And I put traxxas #7061X GTR shocks with purple spring in the rear with 80wt shock oil and blue in the front with 70wt

I run two 3s lipos in my e ravo 1:16
And I put traxxas #7061X GTR shocks with purple spring in the rear with 80wt shock oil and blue in the front with 70wt
Yeah, he’s upgraded to those shocks as well but is that blue spring you use in the front stiffer than the black spring he’s using in the front?

But yeah, I can’t remember what shock oil we have in there now. How do you like running at 80 weight in the rear and 70 weight in the front?

Back