Best wheelie bar for Savage X 4.6?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcobrien

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What's the best wheelie bar for the Savage X 4.6? Ideally it needs to be tough for accidental flips & lands on it too..

Cheers :)

hpi is great

What's the best wheelie bar for the Savage X 4.6? Ideally it needs to be tough for accidental flips & lands on it too..

Cheers :)

Hi marcobrien,
Yeah, Not sure how I missed this one.
Or why no one else responded? Numb I guess!

Shortly after I bought my fun-rig, I learned about the available Wheelie Bars, & searched those that would fit nicely on my hpi Savage X 4.6.
I eventually purchased the hpi model 85245. I love how it also has an extra support where it bolts on underneath for added, slightly better control and strength. The fit and finish is amazing. And It's very clever indeed how they included two different wheel sizes, to control your wheelie height.
I chose the bigger larger diameter wheel.
As I didn't want to chance flipping over at higher speed wheelie runs, not such a big worry though
on the very short manicured "greens" pastures.
Just kidding, as I do have our near by & gorgeous full sized Mill Woods Golf Course quite close to my home. "But I would never go over, and run my 106364 there"!!
Hahahaha, that would be silly, and trespassing is illegal in all 10 provinces,
and who wants any trouble...

Chas

Last edited:
I've seen pretty much every one made and I have yo say the HPI one is the best. You can glue an 1/10 onroad tire to the bigwheel for better looks.

I've seen pretty much every one made and I have yo say the HPI one is the best. You can glue an 1/10 onroad tire to the bigwheel for better looks.

Hi sv250,
A pic is worth a thousand yanks on the pull start cord...

This sounds like a neato thing to do.
Ah, does it reduce the wheelie height much, on a "Big wheel"setup?
Seems that would be a thought to try, for the smaller diameter wheelie bar wheel as well.

Thanks

Chas

Not a really good pic, its pretty old.

IM000171.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Not a really good pic, its pretty old.

Hi,
That looks sharp, what an awesome fit too.
How would you have even thought to do this?

Ah, as they look equally clear to me, Which pic is old, you've posted two?

I don't have any other models or wheels to choose from, but I'll certainly be looking/asking around for one spare 1/10 wheel.

Does anyone have a spare 1/10 onroad wheel you'd care to part with,
all postage and handling incured at my expense of course?

Swift idea... keep it up!

Chas

That truck has been totally redone both of those pics are from 2-3 years ago. This wasn't my idea, I borrowed it from Lunarwolf.

That truck has been totally redone both of those pics are from 2-3 years ago. This wasn't my idea, I borrowed it from Lunarwolf.

Hi sv250,
I think that's a great idea, and would expect others to do similar to theirs.
I will too, should I find a suitably sized wheel.

Chas

I use a Traxxas T-MAXX wheelie bar and ziptie it to the rear bumper and skid plate. It sounds hack but it works pretty well. I still have the height adjustability and 2 wheels instead of the single rear wheel.

Rolex,
Ok, but no comment of quality, reliability or cost.
I like the springs, that addition must give a little kick back...
Hey, were the small wheels on your wheelie bar already, or did you add those as well?

Chas

Last edited:
A nice wheelie bar indeed. Unfortunately we will never how it performs outside of the living room.

Slingerland

A nice wheelie bar indeed. Unfortunately we will never know how it performs outside of the living room.

Hi Mudslinger,
Yeah, some people can afford the luxury of enjoying a hobby where modeling isn't just for the sake of running, but collecting too.
Even though I know where you're coming from, with thee friendly jest.

I have items I have never used as well.
(Nothing wrong with others choosing for themselves...)
It's nice to leave something shiny and new...

Restraint is a great personal trait. For a Forum Mod as well...

Chas

A nice wheelie bar indeed. Unfortunately we will never how it performs outside of the living room.

That's good stuff right there! LOL!

I really like the HPI one on mine. Does it's job and keeps the body from getting all torn to shreds from catching the ground.

Just got my HPI kit and wondered what wheel to use...If you have this kit, what wheel are you using?

I chose the bigger one too...love it but still flips over some...no biggie...love the torque!
:thumbs-up:

I used a Integy wheelie bar on mine, didn't care to much for the plastic HPI one. It has been pretty durable, looks a lot better as well, just make sure to lock tite all the nuts on it.

IMG_0243_zps7bfe374f.jpg