Best tires for on road longevity?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigVMN

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Kyosho Fazer II Brushless Charger. The stock tires aren't the greatest, so I bought some Duratrax wheel/tire sets. The problem is they wear out very quickly! The most recent set is almost completely worn down after just one battery pack!

What tires are people running that last a while, while offering good traction? (Not interested in drifting)

On road isn't normally my thing but I have heard a lot of good things about both arrma on road tires and proline ones

I run Grps on my infraction… cheaper alternative then stock arrmas….but as I’m not familiar with rig your running, not sure if this is helpful for you 🤷🏼‍♂️

I run Grps on my infraction… cheaper alternative then stock arrmas….but as I’m not familiar with rig your running, not sure if this is helpful for you 🤷🏼‍♂️
when did 1/7 scale equal 1/10 scale?

I have a Kyosho Fazer II Brushless Charger. The stock tires aren't the greatest, so I bought some Duratrax wheel/tire sets. The problem is they wear out very quickly! The most recent set is almost completely worn down after just one battery pack!

What tires are people running that last a while, while offering good traction? (Not interested in drifting)
The firebrands @tntpoof linked are pretty decent. Most Arrma on road tires are too big for the Fazer, and they also use either a 14MM or 17MM hex. You're best bet is to look for 1/10 touring car tires that aren't Duratrax or foam.
when did 1/7 scale equal 1/10 scale?
The Arrma Infraction Mega is 1/10TH scale, so maybe he is referring to that.

It is a 1/10 scale touring car. The tire diameter is 64mm / 2.5" so the Aarma tires are too big.

Sorry about not listing specs, I do have an on road car though
As my profile name suggests, it's an old hpi nitro touring with a .21 hpi and tuned aluminum pipe, most of the time I run the dboots off the infractions but on a set of rims I custom made with the hpi wheel hex and sized to fit the tires

It is a 1/10 scale touring car. The tire diameter is 64mm / 2.5" so the Aarma tires are too big.
You could also try the Team Associated Hoonitruck (Apex2) or SR10 tires and wheels. Those both have an available on road touring tire. My goto for touring cars, since i also run them on dirt, are Tamiya Rally Blocks. There are also tires available for the Tamiya TT-01/TT-02. A-Main and Hobby Town have a decent selection available. Those are all the right size for any 1/10TH Touring Car. I have several TC's, including 2 Fazer MK 2's i picked up used, and when i do run street tires, i just use either FireBrands, or SR10 tires and wheels. I havent tried the Hoonitruck ones though, because i can only find them mounted on white wheels. I use a lot of stock Associated SCT tires and wheels on my trucks, and some of them i have actually had last longer than some of the ProLine stuff.

I’m still trying to find those longevity tires as well. Being a newb, was hoping to be able to find in forums, I think based on researching most of the decent stuff goes to the 1/8 scale and 1/10 hasn’t been as popular so less support.

In my 4tec, I have tried different setups and found this to be my best option.. Using some cheap hobbysoul tires in front and contact 37-42shore foams in rear with 15mm hex spacer/adapter.. maybe 2 battery runs for the front and if no chunking of the foams 2-4 charges

Back