Best micro RC around the house?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gearhead056

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Looking for a fun 1/16-1/18 rc car for racing around the house and maybe outside abit around $100. Was looking at the helion animus which looked pretty cool, but wasn't sure if that one or any others were good. Anyone have any recommendations?

@Gearhead056 define "best" as that's going to be a lot different for just about everyone you ask. I had a 1/16th E-Revo and that thing was just insane about of fun and speed so that would be my first recommendation. A lot of guys over at ECXForum.com really dig the 1/18th ECX Temper which is a rock crawler.

If you're wanting short course than the Helion Animus and ECX Torment both make fine choices!

It you're talking about IN the house, I'd go even smaller with a 1/24 like the Losi MicroSCT.

I second hamz idea. I have a Losi micro T, and with a couple mods it's almost too fast for in the house. A 1/16 or 1/18 unless you have a BIG house is going to run out of room quickly. I also have a MERV (mini E Revo 1/16) VXL version, and you might could run it indoors on non lipo packs. On lipos, even 2s, it's pretty fast.