Best electric or nitro car/brand?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroNewby

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi I was just looking on ebay for an electric or nitro (can't decide which to get)rc car. and was wondering which brand of rc car was the best and most realiable brand. I was thinking HPI. I would use it for jumps and dirt tracks. What would you say was the most reliable & best quality for my budget 269£
Any suggestions? Thanks
I was thinking electric because i have had a nitro car before and have now sold it because it was kinda crappy and would take forever to start it.....

Last edited:
I dont know how much money that is BUT you have alot of choices for cheaper electrics that are great. A 2wd Traxxas Slash is probably the most durable rig ever, or atleast one of them. A 4x4 slash in 1/10 or 1/16 would be great and their brushless. The 2wd can be upgraded to brushless and lipo easily too. The 2wd has been around for a few years so you should be able to get a rtr version for cheap.

Thanks ile go and check them out now

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I dont know how much money that is BUT you have alot of choices for cheaper electrics that are great. A 2wd Traxxas Slash is probably the most durable rig ever, or atleast one of them. A 4x4 slash in 1/10 or 1/16 would be great and their brushless. The 2wd can be upgraded to brushless and lipo easily too. The 2wd has been around for a few years so you should be able to get a rtr version for cheap.

I quite like the look of the Traxxas Slash and have already seen alot of positive stuff about it. the 4x4 slash is a bit over my budget but what would you say the main differences are from the two? obviously one is two wheel drive and one is four wheel drive but speed etc between the two is there much difference? -thanks

Last edited:
You wont find much negative about them by anyone who knows anything about rc's. They are incredibly durable. Also have tons and tons of parts available.

I have Traxxas, Losi, and AE cars. The Traxxas and Losi nitro cars are pretty much bullet proof.....at least they have been for me.

My advice is dont start with a used one from ebay as your first......you'll most likely inheirit someone elses headaches. As for brand like they said above, HPI, Losi, Associated, Traxxas, Mugen, all make good kits. Traxxas probably has some of the least expensive kits but you get what you pay for. Traxxas makes some good bashers but not really a racing brand IMO.

I quite like the look of the Traxxas Slash and have already seen alot of positive stuff about it. the 4x4 slash is a bit over my budget but what would you say the main differences are from the two? obviously one is two wheel drive and one is four wheel drive but speed etc between the two is there much difference? -thanks

I think all the 4wd slashs are brushless. Only some of the 2wds are. If they say vxl, then they are brushless.

Traxxas is a really good brand.......at least for me

My advice is dont start with a used one from ebay as your first......you'll most likely inheirit someone elses headaches.

+1 to that, never buy used from ebay for your first anything. Did that with a nitro heli-bad mistake, but at least I can tear it down blind folded:hehe:.

I would recommend either Losi or Armma. Both are very good brands that have proven their value over and over again.