Best Dirt/clay tire for slash and rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Next local hobby shop with track is The Track in Gaithersburg. They have a Dirt track but mostly clay. What is the best tire for clay tracks for slash and rustler? For the mini b I'm just going to use the stock tires since the stock mini b tires are a dirt like tire. Planning to go down there sometime in November or December to check it out. Ill talk to racers to see what they recommend to get. Hopefully by that time I have brushless systems in all of the cars. By the proline tire selector, proline recommends their "Positron clay tires for both the slash and rustler. I still have my old Schumacher mini pin carpet tires for my slash so since i got no use for them anymore I guess i can just run it on the clay track? Same goes with my mini b carpet tires which only have 3 runs on them and still like new. With the mini b carpet tires at the old carpet track they had way to much grip. I would do either a standing backflip or just flip.

Next local hobby shop with track is The Track in Gaithersburg. They have a Dirt track but mostly clay. What is the best tire for clay tracks for slash and rustler? For the mini b I'm just going to use the stock tires since the stock mini b tires are a dirt like tire. Planning to go down there sometime in November or December to check it out. Ill talk to racers to see what they recommend to get. Hopefully by that time I have brushless systems in all of the cars. By the proline tire selector, proline recommends their "Positron clay tires for both the slash and rustler. I still have my old Schumacher mini pin carpet tires for my slash so since i got no use for them anymore I guess i can just run it on the clay track? Same goes with my mini b carpet tires which only have 3 runs on them and still like new. With the mini b carpet tires at the old carpet track they had way to much grip. I would do either a standing backflip or just flip.
honestly you could just go with any brand because i dont know if the clay tires from proline are belted if there not i wouldnt spend alot on them

Ill talk to racers to see what they recommend to get.
^^^This is the best thing to do. All tracks are a little different so its situational. Usually you start with something thats roughly appropriate for the surface and from there its just trial and error until you find what works best for you on a given track. Asking the locals will save you some of the trial and error work but you may find what works best for you isnt what works best for others and visa versa.

Hard clay is gonna need tires with a tread pattern along the lines of something like these:
PRO828617_A0_ACNYFYDL.jpg
PRO826217_A0_R8RV4WZQ.jpg
PRO824013_A0_KC4DH6C1.png

If theres a bit more dirt and not just hard clay then you're gonna want something with a bit more bite like these:
PRO829103_A0_XTTLGHCO.jpg
PRO9039203_A0_JLLQBXX0.jpg
PRO9052204_A0_EO41EXKF.jpg

Carpet tires are going to be something more like these:
PRO8292304_A0_9NKI1ISQ.jpg
PRO10148303_A0_A9YXX9OQ.jpg

Hope this helps.

Been looking at tires. I got the Jconcepts ellipse and associated wheels for my B74. Next week I am planning to go down to the clay track so i will order tires tonight. I just don't know what car I am bringing and what tires/wheels to get. The only one running right now is the rustler. I can either get Jconcepts wheels and Jconcepts ellipse tires. Or I can get the stock rear rustler tires/wheels and run those. (With that clay track I heard that the ellipse tires hook up really well and have a good grip) With the slash I can get the jconcepts tires but i dont know what sct wheels to get.
Also I do want to try to find pre mounted but if not I can always wait and let glue dry.
Or what I can try to do is see if I can run the buggy wheels/tires I have on the rustler/slash? I don't know if the wheels are going to fit. I still have my carpet sct tires from the slash so I might be able to take the tire off the wheel and use the wheel for the new tire.

Back