Best Break-In Procedure (Wasp .18)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X_Gamer7

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I know there are so many break-in procedures, I am so confused on who to listen to, and what one to follow. Traxxas says to do it one way, this guy says to do it another, Orion says to do it this way, grrrrrr.......
The engine is a Team Orion Wasp .18 T-Maxx engine.

What technique is the best, and makes the engine last the longest?

Honestly you will get a different way from everybody that posts here. The best way believe it or not is to do it the way the manufacturer says to. By doing it this way if something goes wrong you followed everything to the T and nothing can be said. Thats my opinion, but do it the way you see fit!!

VB

Don't do any break-in other than what it says to do in your owners manual. Different engines have different break in procedures, that's why you hear about different ways of doing it. If you do it differently than what's described in your manual, you might shorten your engine life, or void your warranty. Follow the manual exactly. It may seem long and boring after a few tanks, but in the long run it's totally worth it.

Rolex and vbgagnon said it best. Follow the manufacturers guidelines and you'll be golden. Any other break-in might void the warranty just like Rolex said. Remember this, engine break-in is the single most important thing you can do for it.

ok, i just broke in a wasp .18 down in florida. u can ask the guys at RCNT bash how good it sounded. HSN 3 full turns out. the lsn was at the stock position.first tank.. idle. 2nd tank not even 1/4 throttle, my truck wouldnt even move, i was just giving it very little gas. 3rd tank, giving it not even 1/4 throttle and blimpin it to like half throttle every 5 min or so. 4th tank.. getting it up to 1/2 throttle.. a few quick blimps to full throttle... 5th tank.. 1/2 throttle... getting it up to like 3/4 throttle. i waited until like the 6th tank before i did a regular bash with it. the whole break in, i left it at the stock settings. rusn realy rich, but thats what u want. i still have to tune mine for the NY weather now that I'm back.

later

Back