Bent Dog Bone & Diff oil question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runaway Jim

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello Everyone. I just noticed that I have a front right bent dogbone (at least that's what I think it's called) on my losi 8ight buggy. It's the RTR version, version before the 2.0. I'm going to try and straighten it out in a vice but in case I can't have been searching for a replacement part online. Can't find what I'm looking for. It's the rod that comes out of the front right side of the diff and goes to the wheel. Any help would be great!

Also, thoughts on diff oil weight for the front, center and rear on this thing. 10K, 7k and 5K respectively? I run on a local track in a public park. Loose dry dirt, very dusty. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

sorry, i was just told that the part i'm looking for is a cv. still not sure if i need a losi replacement part or if there's an interchangeable part out there that will fit...

your best bet is to replace it. you don't want to wreck your bearings

I'd say 7K in the front, 10K in the center and 5K in the rear.
A lot of buggies run 5,7 and 3.......but on a dusty track the thicker oil will tame the buggy down a bit.

So you shouldn`t straghtien it? I tapped mine out on an anvil and it seems straight.:ponder2: Is it going to mess something up?

So you shouldn`t straghtien it? I tapped mine out on an anvil and it seems straight.:ponder2: Is it going to mess something up?

i highly doubt that its true anymore. connect it and see if it has any wobble under throttle. If no, then its your call if you want to replace it. If yes then you NEED to replace it before it wears out your bearings.

Back