bent crank shaft?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumbson

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Giving hyper 7 death today ran great for about an hour then cut out the flywheel was locked solid took the engine apart found that the part with all the fins on that the one way bearing sits in had broken up and Jamed the con rod against the crank case removed all the bits of metal and now as then piston comes up towards tdc the engine still locks up cud this be a bent crank

Not sure what part you're referring to that has "all the fins" on it. What I do know is that finding bits of metal inside the engine is a bad sign. As for the engine locking up at TDC this could simply be the pinch on the piston. In any event did you check for damage to the piston sleeve? Any way you could post a pic of the part that broke? Did you replace the broke part?

Not sure what part you're referring to that has "all the fins" on it. What I do know is that finding bits of metal inside the engine is a bad sign. As for the engine locking up at TDC this could simply be the pinch on the piston. In any event did you check for damage to the piston sleeve? Any way you could post a pic of the part that broke? Did you replace the broke part?
I think he is referring to the cooling head.

This it the piece that broke up jamming the con rod to the crank case it's defo not the pinch I no what that should feel like it's more like a tight spot its exactly the same with the plug in or out

I haven't took the head of yet cuz I gota drill one of the head bolts out tomrow

Attachments

• 2015-01-18 19.38.32.png
    2015-01-18 19.38.32.png
    240.5 KB · Views: 193
So the pieces where inside the engine itself, odds are a piece nicked the piston or the sleeve. You could have bent the crank I would lean more towards bending the connecting rod or the pin it rides on.

Yh thats what I'm expecting gana be a bent big end not the crank it's self but like u say the pin and yh there was pieces of metal floating about I don't get what would cause it tho it was runing rich if anything not lean runing about 180 f then just let go ill have to have a look at the piston and sleave tomoz it looks like it's gana be cheaper to buy a new engine

This it the piece that broke up jamming the con rod to the crank case it's defo not the pinch I no what that should feel like it's more like a tight spot its exactly the same with the plug in or out

I haven't took the head of yet cuz I gota drill one of the head bolts out tomrow

Oic, it's part of the a pull start or roto start. Those crack shafts are typically 1/2 to 2/3 the cost of the entire engine! Madness.

Unfortunately, I suspect that from what you've described chances are that it has bent the crankshaft- and maybe even the con-rod. Due to the nature of these engines, the slightest bend or offset makes a massive impact at 30,000 rpm, let alone turning it over by hand.

Took the head off today never scene so much metal in a cylinder dented the top of the piston smashed the glow plug to bits haven't scratched the bore amazingly but its toast really I cud repair it but I can get a new engine for the same price

Yeah. Time for a new one. I can tell you from my experience with the Dynamite Mach 2 .21, it's a great engine. Do some research on it and you'll find that tons of people agree. And it's only $120 (sometimes less). If you want to race ion the cheap anyways. Looks like the Hyper 7 comes with a .28.

:nopics:

Come on now we all love some destruction pics

Took the head off today never scene so much metal in a cylinder dented the top of the piston smashed the glow plug to bits haven't scratched the bore amazingly but its toast really I cud repair it but I can get a new engine for the same price
Yep- it has had it- not worth it. Maybe look towards a Novarossi.