Bent A-arm pins suck, who sells bulks with supports built in?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterbeavis

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Many moons ago. I remember seeing a bulkhead set that had a support that supported the a-arm hinge pin and helped preventing it from bending. Getting out bent pins sucks! I currently run integy bulkheads (made 5+ years ago) and aside from stripping a couple of holes out on ones that had not been loctited, I have had no issues with them. My only complaint is if the A-arms ever needed to be taken off, the hingpin is bent, (or is corroded). It looks like I will be stuck with my Tmaxxes forever short of giving them away, it would be nice to fix them up with the best stuff one last time....

I remember there was a company a couple years ago that made a set that you are thinking about. They have discontinued them and are o longer made.

The problem with the Tmaxx is that the Bulkhead assemble is really weak and pourly designed. When it first came out it was a awesome truck, because it was the only one. There are many better trucks with a lot better engineering to them now-a-days.

Integy is a very weak aluminum brand. It looks pretty but thats all. Whats happened is they have probably flexed just a little, but enough to capture your hinge pins. In doing that it may have bent them. I pair of pliers and some brute force and ignorance and you should be able to get them out.

In your case, I would be replacing them with a set of GH bulkheads and Lunsford hingepins.