Beginners luck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryaanooo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it! i got a Thunder tiger tomahawk ST for Christmas, really like it. definitely got the nitro bug! but after running in etc the second day i used it. joust outside my house on the street, i snapped a hub carrier on the rear. i fixed that and i have used the car since, I've had some problems with mixtures and idle. which I've got sorted now. to finally start using the car properly and enjoying it. i fuelled it up today once it was warm, and found the back end was spinning under breaking and the back tyres are almost bald already. i thought the brake disk might be contaminated so gave it a clean and tried to get the front breaking again because that's where i noticed the problem. however the front wheels wont drive either. could i have broken the diff. the front wheels spin freely but don't lock like the diff is biting and turning the gears inside. so I'm kind clueless and don't know where to start trouble shooting! any help or tips are appreciated! everything is a little smaller than a chevy v8 in the stockcar! :\

i thought so. does this mean i'll have to strip down the front end? and any ideas why it would have gone? there seems to be some oil in the chassi round the middle and front. it's quite silky and doesn't really have a smell so i dont think it's spilled fuel. i camt see anywhere on the diff where it could be from. but theres some residue on the sides of the block of the engine too underneath the carb. sigh. i wish i had more knowledge of this stuff now!

sounds like it may be residue from fuel leaking through the front bearing of your engine. You may have just been running it to rich which can cause that or you may have a problem with that bearing.

i think i will have been running too rich, i'll lean the mixture down and investigate that tomorrow i think. any suggestions if it is leaking?