Beginner needs advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinscody21

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, I have pondered over what to get and have come to the conclusion that I would be best with a Revo 3.3 5308... I am still curious as to what all I need besides fuel. I have read some places with battery charger and what not... I'm planning to bash some but most likely just tear up the local beach and stuff.. Please help me here.. I am looking to get one from my parents in a couple weeks.

you are gonna definatly need fuel, glow plugs, battery for the starter wand, and if you dont have a charger you'll need one of those too, temp gun, and and a small screw driver for tuning

just for information purposes only,if you get the new 5309 it comes with all babatteries and chargers.otherwise rob is right on the money

Keep in mind that the ez start wand is prone to failing when it comes to heating the glow plug. You might want to talk your folks into picking you up a quality ignitor/charger combo. They are only $20. There will come a time when your truck won't start. First thing to do when this happens is to pop the blue wire off of the glow plug and use the ignitor. 9 outta 10 times, this will be the problem.

x2 on the igniter/charger deal. Best 18 bones I ever spent for the RC. Also, switching over to a pull-start lightens the rig and takes one large hassle out of the charging process lol. :) GL!

just for information purposes only,if you get the new 5309 it comes with all babatteries and chargers.otherwise rob is right on the money
Thanx tim, and WTF ur never on when i am. . lol just kidding