Begginner rock crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 steppen

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I've been looking at rock crawlers lately and there seeming to grow on me now, I would mind having one, but i dont wanna make a mistake with my first one.

I was looking at the 1/10 axial scorpion and i was also looking at the threaded aluminum bent links for better clearnance, is this a good first rig and where can i get it for a decent price?

wich one have you been looking at? the rtr, artr or kit? the artr is the best quality out of the box but you still need all of the electronics, no biggy. the rtr sucks because all the links are plastic, the esc sucks, the tires suck, and the servo is pretty weak.....BUT, if you dont want to mess with having to buy electronics seperatly and just want a back yard crawler not on a comp level then the rtr is easy cuz you open the box, put a charged battery on it and go!!! but the artr is way more capable out of the box for the parts that come on it already....the rtr isnt horrible by any means, if you upgrade the links, like you mentioned to the better aluminum links and got better tires it would work just fine for a back yard crawler, its definatly cheaper than the artr in the sense that you still have to buy electronics for the artr, the rtr would work fine till you could afford to upgrade to better electronics...
amain has em pretty cheap i think, ebay prolly does too...and if you keep an eye out for some good tires there will prolly be a few sets showing up on here in the near future;)

that link to ckrc's "rtr" is the kit that they have throw a package of electronics together for to make it rtr, so you will know, a kit needs assembly, complete assembly from the axles to the tranny, it all needs assembled.

Back