Bedliner on inside of body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Anyone tried the spray on bedliner over the paint inside ur body? Just seen a body on ebay with it and it says its indestructable for 125$ or something like that. That thing better be indestructable for that price.

I put some on a tmaxx body several years back, but i didnt have anywhere close to 100 bux in it, i had it left over from a bed that i done in one of my 1:1 and tried it, worked good and lasted decent, but as Alpine stated it adds alot of weight to the body.

Would seem to be a bit overkill IMO. Your eventually going to have to replace it anyway. I've always gone with a simple black/white backing and called it a day

But again, it's heavy. And it also holds in the heat. The "rubber" acts as an insulator.

it is alittle heavy but all you need is a thin coat, it covers alot better than paint. I used it on the outside of the bed of a stampede to make it look like a bed liner plus its really resistant to chips and scratchs for the bashers

I line my 4×4 slash bodies, when they start to rub through, or crack apart from lid landings...nuclear tape to stiffen or patch, 3 light coats of bed liner on top...adds weight yea but I cut airflow paths through the body first, so the added stiffness helps regain the structure...
20170826_222631.jpg
20170826_223528.jpg
20170826_222631.jpg

There was a spray liner that my friend used on his motorcycle farings that was quite good in keeping his farings from cracking in half. I forgot what it was called but we used it on his 1/8 scale Nitro buggy and that body took a beating and it held up for over 2 years and only had a couple of cracks where the sharper corners were but it kept the cracks from getting bigger. It was not as heavy as bedliner applications that I've seen. It's sprayed on thinner than bedliner. A little thicker than paint and lighter than Flex Seal.

There was a spray liner that my friend used on his motorcycle farings that was quite good in keeping his farings from cracking in half. I forgot what it was called but we used it on his 1/8 scale Nitro buggy and that body took a beating and it held up for over 2 years and only had a couple of cracks where the sharper corners were but it kept the cracks from getting bigger. It was not as heavy as bedliner applications that I've seen. It's sprayed on thinner than bedliner. A little thicker than paint and lighter than Flex Seal.
This stuff is pretty light, I mean it does a he'll of a good job for what i use it for...i used to get major body lift on high speed runs in my slash...practically would rip the mount holes, causing my truck to do the wheelie at full speed, directly onto it's top, it's quite funny watching it slide for hundreds of feet, but its a nightmare for plastic shell...