Beater buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just got a used hyper 7 today in the mail from a trade. Time to rip it down and rebuild it. Not bad all and all though so far.

Just fired up the motor to make sure it ran. Needed idle adjustment bad but once that was adjusted it sounded good and mean as hell to boot. Now just to rebuild buggy and get a RX and new tires for it. Everything else is on the way already. Thank you eBay lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337280538.059997.jpgWell the disassembly and cleaning of the buggy is almost done just the front bulk and suspension along with steering rack left to do.

Center diff re built with 7k wt and rear with 3k. Made a RX pack for it today and put new wing on. Rear shocks rebuilt with 40wt.

Waiting on a few parts still though.
New tank mounts
Linkage parts for front breaks
Body posts
Rear dogbones
Caliber tires

Need to order a receiver. And looking at some .21 motors as the .26 is not exactly legal and it has a odd crank that I can't put my preferred clutch on. Plus more RPMs out of a .21.

Need to make still new front sway bar setup, rebuild front diff and shocks

Last edited:
Looks pretty clean in the pic.

Thank you took 5 hours to do just that lol.

Looks good so far.

How is the underside of the chassis?

Not to bad it has seen its fair share of track time in its day though. I will snap a pic when I get home.

Buggy is put together. Waiting on new tires still and a few odd ball things but just drifted it around the parking lot and damn so much fun!
630d20df-8b6e-4e57.jpg
630d20df-8ba5-88d1.jpg

Replaced front CV and put a picco .26 I had on it. Just had to reverse the carb and I can install my clutch of choice on this motor. New tires as well went on. Now just to get it on a track. Or some dirt at least.
630d20df-ae89-707b.jpg
630d20df-ae99-5f38.jpg
630d20df-aea2-e840.jpg

hey, nice work done there! I just recently did that with mine because I let it sitting down for 4 years. I like the clutch setup. I still need to update on drivetrain stuff.

What tires are those?

Thank you. This is just going to be in service till I get the kyosho I want for racing. So excited to be offroad racing again.

They are caliber tires. I went with them as a good over all tire since I just moved here and don't know what the track will be like. I hope i don't have to change them after practice lol. Fingers crossed

Back