Bearings after bashing!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nedrey82

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Installed a new rear hub today after an awesome bashing session on sunday there and it was a little stiff with all the mudd. Would you normally strip your car down after this and clean everything? How often should bearing be cleaned/replaced??

I'm only a basher so i check things when they either start making noise, have resistance when they shouldnt, or fail. i took mine on the beach one day, and yeh, bad idea. all the hub bearings had sand in them. so i replaced them. most of the other bearings were fine. iv replaced main engine, clutch bell (several times), diff bearings so far and iv had it since november last year. but in saying that i have a full bearing kit in my kit so if they do fail i have no down time. the whole lot including engine (front and back) bearings and every other bearing for the revo and some spares cost me around $80 delivered to australia.

i know people that race strip it all down after each meet. which is pretty hard core.

Last edited:
I have a trophy which I've been beating up and practicing with but I've got myself a losi 8ight 2.0 for racing so I'm gonna learn how to strip it all down. Guy at my track ha been wicked help so far. The bashing is great fun but none of my buddys are into it so its not as much fun as it could be

if your just bashing dont b afraid to blast it with the hose to keep the grit out of things then simply blow dry with compressed air,quik and easy just cover the carb with a rubber bootie