Bearing help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianb

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Where can I get a good bearing for the front of my picco max .26. Mine is leaking bad after break in. What is a good bearing to replace it with. I belive it is a 17x7x5.

www.bocabearings.com
They list the sizes and different grades of bearings for almost every engine out there.
the stainless series are a good option. The site is kind of a pain to navigate through, but you'll get it.
Are you sure the bearing is bad? Just because fuel is coming out does not mean it is bad. Your tune could be way off causing the leakage. Excess fuel in the combustion process has to go somewhere...it will find it's way out oof every joint it can if it is too rich. The crank seals to the inner race of the bearing, and the block seals to the outer race. It takes a lot of wear to mess up the shield. If the bearing is not sloppy, chances are it is fine.
Also TKO makes good bearings, you can buy them at Amain or carolinasrc.

www.bocabearings.com
They list the sizes and different grades of bearings for almost every engine out there.
the stainless series are a good option. The site is kind of a pain to navigate through, but you'll get it.
Are you sure the bearing is bad? Just because fuel is coming out does not mean it is bad. Your tune could be way off causing the leakage. Excess fuel in the combustion process has to go somewhere...it will find it's way out oof every joint it can if it is too rich. The crank seals to the inner race of the bearing, and the block seals to the outer race. It takes a lot of wear to mess up the shield. If the bearing is not sloppy, chances are it is fine.
Also TKO makes good bearings, you can buy them at Amain or carolinasrc.

It runs very eratic at idle. It is a new motor. I have read alot of post about the front bearing failures. I tried to lean it and it was still idleing very eratic. It has to be an air leak. The tank is sealed, new fuel lines, just fuel pouring out of the front bearing. Even by leanining it out did not stop the leak. :angry:

Back