Beach bash nitro

• Thread starter Pit bull kinda guy
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pit bull kinda guy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
got my himoto back up n running n heading to the beach this weekend I was wondering if it would be safe to run the buggy on the beach but not close to water what bad affects can come out of it

Make sure your airfilter is secure and then secure it again

Make certain your airfilter is secure and then secure it again!...oil it up good too

Last edited:
You'll probably get a wee bit of sand in/on your bearings.

I put a small bead of silicone in between the two halves my bulkheads (a bulkhead gasket for lack of a better word). It'll protect you ring/pinion from getting ground up by sand.

I also slather some grease over the exposed bearings faces, so the grease captures the sand before it destroys bearings. This is meant for bulkhead bearings, but there is no reason you can't do it for wheel bearings, trans bearings....etc.

After running, you'll want to disassemble everything and clean the sand out and then re-lube all of the bearings.

just wondering what are trophy points

Sort of like gaining rank.
Points for doing new things and adding more posts. Just click on the number under the trophy and you'll see what they are.

I've always wanted to use my buggy on a beach, but to be honest it's pointless- it'll just dig in and get grounded, sand'll go everywhere- and if you did get to the wet sand where it is hard enough, you'll end up with saltwater EVERYWHERE, your bearings will probably be ruined- dog's will think it's a rabbit- plus if you have a runaway, it'll be basically gone if it gets stuck in the tides or waves- and if you do retrieve it then it'll be worse than fresh water as it's saltwater which will be an absolute pain as after just a few days things'll go rusty- to me it's not worth it, stick to mud- and anyway, the beach is two hours away for me....

I agree with ninnon. Sounds like fun but the after-run maintenance is never enough to keep it in good condition.
Sand and salt is a bad combination for these things.

I agree with ninnon. Sounds like fun but the after-run maintenance is never enough to keep it in good condition.
Sand and salt is a bad combination for these things.
Sandy sandwiches too....
The beach is too sandy.....
stupid sand....

just wondering what are trophy points

They're like those tickets at the arcade that pop out every time you play a game...lol

Try these codes:
Rolexisawesome: will reduce your points to a negative number.
Theresasnakeinmyboot: will summon woodie for a winner take all grudge match.
DurabilityShmurability: grants you access to hpiguys testing grounds.

I know, I know, I'll shut up now.

I ran my Tmaxx at the beach and it had been raining. I ran through a water puddle on the sidewalk and got it wet. Then the sand stuck to the teeth of the clutch bell and completely ground them off. So as if i didn't learn the first time, later on I took my Revo to the beach and the same thing happened again. I would not take them again unless I could enclose the gears to prevent sand from getting on them. And as the others have said here, it's not a good thing to get sand on your car at all.

I ran my Tmaxx at the beach and it had been raining. I ran through a water puddle on the sidewalk and got it wet. Then the sand stuck to the teeth of the clutch bell and completely ground them off. So as if i didn't learn the first time, later on I took my Revo to the beach and the same thing happened again. I would not take them again unless I could enclose the gears to prevent sand from getting on them. And as the others have said here, it's not a good thing to get sand on your car at all.
Sand gets everywhere- it's like Rolex- wherever you hide, he'll always find you....

From experience I've learned that if you wish to run any machinery in a Sandy environment you'll want to decrease everything and use a dry lubricant such as graphite....

Dont put grease on anything as sand will stick...better to degrease and let the sand just fall away....yes it will eat up parts but that's what sand does....

When riding dirtbikes or quads etc in sand you never want an oiled chain as it will be toast in minuets

From experience I've learned that if you wish to run any machinery in a Sandy environment you'll want to decrease everything and use a dry lubricant such as graphite....

Dont put grease on anything as sand will stick...better to degrease and let the sand just fall away....yes it will eat up parts but that's what sand does....

When riding dirtbikes or quads etc in sand you never want an oiled chain as it will be toast in minuets
Your right- grease and oil mix with the sand and act together as a liquid sandpaper (gettit :D)