BB Revo header/pipe combo's that fit well.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just thought I'd start a thread showing pics of what header/pipe combo's work well with a true BB revo. I prefer the side pipe. I got pretty tired of having all that junk jammed in the back of the revo when I had it stock.

I just recently bought a Duratrax Warhead header/exhaust combo to give it a try. It looks like it will line up pretty good... now I just need an engine that doesn't stick out beyond the roll bar.

2007-0303-RevoAxialDTXSide.jpg

2007-0303-RevoAxialDTXSideHigh.jpg

2007-0303-RevoAxialDTXTop.jpg

The axial is just on there for false hope. It's what I have on hand as a backup engine for my savage, but it's too tall to be safe as a basher. One roof landing and my day will be over.

For those of you that may have forgot, I used half of a savage header, a coupler, a copper 90, another coupler and an HPI pipe as well... It's what I had on hand. It worked ok, but I know bending the HPI header to make it more of a 90 narrowed the pipe which limited it's ability. Oh, and all the ridges from the couplers/pipe couldn't have helped matters much either. The RG died which is why I have the axial in the revo just sitting there...

2007-0213-RevoEngine.jpg

What have others tried with success... or lack of success?

i have ran a hpi savage header with the hpi ripple pipe.

now i run rear exhaust once again with a picco .26
trinity header with a THS 1/10 pipe

Picture114.gif

Picture113-1.gif

Picture112-1.gif

yes there is no bulge with that set up

Mine isnt a "true bb" but its a mid block tm523 with a big block pipe. ofna pipe and header. had to bend the header out just a tiny bit. it fits good, runs great, and is WAY tougher then the rear pipe setup!

DSC01839.jpg

DSC01875.jpg

DSC02049.gif

DSC01909.gif

not sure, i think so. the name is rubbed off. its not pretty, but man does it run good!

Is there a header and pipe combo that will work to side pipe a 3.3 and a os18. I ask because i think id get better rear shock performance if the heat of the pip wasent right over them. I know a hpi header is a bb but could i get a coupler and make it fit.

Bryson

I think this one will work with the SB engines and a SB exhaust.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFAZ9&P=7

I remember Revo guys at the traxxas forum complaining when all that was available was the short version. The link is the long version. It's for small block engines and should work on both the 18TM, 2.5R and 3.3 (since it's the same as the 2.5R).

Sorry, that was just the header. There are a ton of pipes out there that you can use with it. Hell, you could probably use the stock pipe to get a feel for what you want. You will just need to be creative with the pipe hanger.

If I recall, guys were using the resonator pipe for the Jato and liked it with this header.

No i think id go with a hpi pipe. Like this http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/224838.asp. I'm just worring that the pipe wont prove to have any power increas rather than a decreas. The header is cheap though I'm going to pick one of those up next time I head to the hobby shop.

Bryson

No i think id go with a hpi pipe. Like this http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/224838.asp. I'm just worring that the pipe wont prove to have any power increas rather than a decreas. The header is cheap though I'm going to pick one of those up next time I head to the hobby shop.

Bryson

That pipe is too large for a small block. It's for a 21+ big block engine. If you run it, it won't run right. Well, there's a high likelihood it won't run right. I run that pipe on my savage with an SH28 and it works really well.

no ay would that engine run right with that savage pipe, it may run but u would sure loose alot of power

Back