BB here we go!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanksnitro

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Was loosing hope but thanks to rcre in Alberta my projects taken off!!! Stay tuned.

Huh? More info please.
Won't let me post pics, BB big block t Maxx build. I posted a thread not to long ago about doing one but as far as finding conversion kits I hit a dead end untill a guy reached out to me on a fourm on face book and hooked me up with a complete conversion kit and parts.

Won't let me post pics, BB big block t Maxx build. I posted a thread not to long ago about doing one but as far as finding conversion kits I hit a dead end untill a guy reached out to me on a fourm on face book and hooked me up with a complete conversion kit and parts.
Nice! Which kit is it?

Hopfully pic works.
received_2190460624391048.jpeg

If you don't have revo spec diffs... they aren't going to last long at all with those tires on it. I gave up on my maxx way back then just because I couldn't keep diffs in the thing. Seemed like every other weekend, I was replacing a front or rear diff, and that was running small 3.2" chevron tires that barely get any grip!

Would be a good idea to get some spare cvd pins/rebuild kits on hand. The pins like to snap, then the cylinder falls out and if you don't catch it, the bone falls out and you lose it.

Really takes me back though seeing a BB maxx. Should be fun for a while!

If you don't have revo spec diffs... they aren't going to last long at all with those tires on it. I gave up on my maxx way back then just because I couldn't keep diffs in the thing. Seemed like every other weekend, I was replacing a front or rear diff, and that was running small 3.2" chevron tires that barely get any grip!

Would be a good idea to get some spare cvd pins/rebuild kits on hand. The pins like to snap, then the cylinder falls out and if you don't catch it, the bone falls out and you lose it.

Really takes me back though seeing a BB maxx. Should be fun for a while!
Yea, I have a whole wack of parts from to racing max, only problem is I gotta track down replacement linkage, if a cup breaks or dog bone I'm screwed, it was complete chance I came across this dynamite kit, it's running actually great so far no issuses and those tires are nothing to the jumbo kongs I'm running on it now ?

Biggest issue I've had is clutch bell, I'm trying to get a savage flywheel and rrp hardened bell, I've already stripped down two completely against the rrp spur.

That thing looks crazy!

Back in the day, I ran a RC Solutions 1M tool steel spur and OFNA hardened 1M bell. Found out the hard way that a hardened spur does not work well with a standard bell. Made it half a tank before sparks came flying out the side of the truck and it look like I took a grinder to the bell.

2004-0921-TMaxx-ChewedCB01.jpg

The spur I was running:
2004-0921-TMaxx-RCSolutionsSpur02.jpg

Probably can't find that around anymore.

That's gnarly damage, I
That thing looks crazy!

Back in the day, I ran a RC Solutions 1M tool steel spur and OFNA hardened 1M bell. Found out the hard way that a hardened spur does not work well with a standard bell. Made it half a tank before sparks came flying out the side of the truck and it look like I took a grinder to the bell.

2004-0921-TMaxx-ChewedCB01.jpg

The spur I was running:
2004-0921-TMaxx-RCSolutionsSpur02.jpg

Probably can't find that around anymore.
I was lucky mine just flattened out the teeth.

Put some smaller tires on it for some laps today

Attachments

• 15802396424094734712380314487088.jpg
    15802396424094734712380314487088.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 58
Back