Basic good mods? Exhaust? Gears?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JettaManDan

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know some of this has been covered before..but i didn't see the specifics answered...as with all engines..the better it breathes the better it runs..anyone have a no-lose suggestion for a exhaust for the Revo 3.3? I think the sound of mine is just fine..but it looks like a tad restrictive...and i've seen these dual pipe setups and others all over the internet...anyone have some personal suggestions? I want some more power and more top end...and keeping the engine stock..what do you guys suggest for possible clutch bell/tooth changes? I may be taking my revo apart to replace the slipper here soon - and i have an aftermarket flywheel and 3 shoe aluminum clutch to put in as well..do i need a hardened clutch bell? will a good tuned pipe just give me all want as far as some speed and power? or should i go to a hight tooth clutch bell? what do you guys think? no racing..just bashing and trying to keep up with my father in law's MGT 8.0 :) TIA!

Dan

The Trinity pipe always gets recommended. Multi chambered/stinger pipes are definitely frowned on. Can't really help there. I use a JP3 on a .27 and used the resonator with the 3.3.
The 3 shoe clutch should help and you shouldn't need a hardened CB or spur. What type of keeping up are you doing with that MGT? Street or off road?

off road....i know i'm outgunned by a lot...he does have a .50 ;) but his truck is like 5 lbs heavier too...one of my issues was a slipping slipper ;) that has been fixed...but it would be nice to have at least a shot at keeping up :)

got a link for the Trinity pipe?

I have the single chamber tuned traxxas pipe on my revo, and i have a picco .26maxx and it really seemed to open up some more low end grunt off the line as opposed to the stock pipe (blue), and as far as tooth combos go if you want more top end you want 17T CB and a 36T SG and that will give you more top end

I do off road only with a cb 16 and spur 40 definitely fast out of the hole. remember, not often you,ll be full throttle when off road,maybe a few seconds a time. definitely go with 3 shoe setup. I've tried 3 exhaust setups, including stock resonator, and stock was the best setup for my 3.3

humm....i will upgrade to the 3 shoe setup when i have the time to take it apart..sitting in my tool box right now ready to go...

I had really good luck with the Trinity Pipe on my 3.3. The only drawback was that it was loud.

what is the size of the stock tank on the truck? is there a bigger direct fit one? i see 150cc tanks on ebay but it looks the same size as mine..anyone know?

thanks jilm....i looked at that and it looks nice.. i have a low bid on a pipe on ebay just to see...i know with my other nitro cars a pipe made a big difference..but i've dropped major coin on this truck already...so want the best bang for the buck right now....i'll keep that one in mind...appreciate the link!

is the 5309 radio box taller than the 5308? i just got a TQ3 system in the mail..and the reciever is too big for the reciever box now...the PO had a 2 channel micro reciever in the truck....and anyone know the part # for the right box?

ok figured it out - radio system i got for it is from a T-max and it has a 2215 reciever...and i needed one with a 2216 micro reciever..so of course it doesn't fit :( oh well....back to ebay for one....

Back